rosie - albert dasilva

Comenzar desde el principio

Rosie looked at you, reaching her arms for you and you grinned at Albert, picking her up. "You sleepy honey?"

She blinked slowly once and laid her head against your shoulder. You looked towards your boyfriend. "She told you her name?"

Albert shook her name. "Nah, haven't gotten her to talk yet. It's a nickname, figured every newsie kid gets one at one point. Cuz of her cheeks."

Ever since she got food in her system, Rosie's cheeks were a soft pink. "I think it's perfect for her." You carried her to the bottom bunk you had reserved for her and tucked her in, lightly brushing hair off her forehead. Albert grabbed your hips from behind and you leaned back against him. "I think she could be good for us."

Albert brushed his lips against the crown of your head. "Our little Rosie."

"I like the sound of that," you turned in his arms so you were facing your boyfriend and kissed him lightly.

-

"Daddy!" Rosie cried as she launched herself into Albert's arms, excited to see him after a long day of being on a street corner helping you sell papers.

"Hiya there, princess! How was your day?" Rosie was comfortably cuddling into Albert's crouched form and she beamed at him.

"It was good, mommy and I sold alls our papes!" She cried out, giving him a big thumbs up. Albert grinned up at you and you found a similar smile on your face.

A few months after you and Albert found Rosie in the alleyway, Rosie wedged her way into both of your hearts. It wasn't hard for Rosie to acclimate to yours and Albert's life. She woke up around the time the morning bell, sometimes a little earlier and got ready with Albert. She usually ended up selling with you because Albert got distracted easily having her around. About a month of getting in this routine, she started calling you mommy and Albert daddy. Albert's sobbed like a baby the first time she called him that.

"Nice job, Rosie! I bet you helped a ton." Albert looked up at you for agreement and you nodded your head eagerly.

"She's such a big help, she sold the last paper today!" You looked down fondly at your little family and Rosie looked so pleased with herself.

"How is your day, daddy?" Albert stood up, walking over to your and pressing a quick kiss on your lips and then a kiss on Rosie's forehead.

"Better now that I get to see you both," you sent a concerned look to Albert and he shook his head, turning back to Rosie. "What do you think about about going to Jacobi's for some ice cream?"

"Really daddy?" Rosie was bouncing on her toes, and when Albert nodded her head, she went to go find Crutchie to tell him what was going on.

"You okay?" You grasped Albert's hand and he squeezed it back lightly.

"Yeah, just a long day." Albert's accent was thicker than usual, a clear sign that he was exhausted. "I've been sellin' about 20 more papes a day than usual."

You furrowed your eyebrows, Albert running his hand through his hair that has been trapped in a hat all day. "Why on earth would you do that? We're fine between the two of us."

"I want to be a good father! Mine couldn't support me. I just wants to make sure that if another strike happens for some reason, that Rosie will be safe and we won't have to worry about anything."

You opened your mouth to respond but closed it when Rosie came running into Albert's legs, wrapping her little arms around his left one. He lifted his foot up, picking Rosie up with it as well and her giggle rang throughout the whole lodge.