Signs and Seizures Leads to Hospital

The boys were all laughing and goofing around with one another. Liam and Zain were wrestling on the floor, Harry was in his bunk watching videos on his computer, Niall was playing his guitar, and Louis was reading his braille Harry Potter book. They were all enjoying themselves, and they didn't think anything would disturb their, somewhat, quiet afternoon.

Around two o'clock, the boys were in their room after eating lunch. They had just continued with what they were doing in the morning, relaxed and having fun. That is, until something happened that frightened all the boys.

Louis was halfway through his book when he suddenly got a strange taste in his mouth. He didn't remember eating anything that tasted like this at lunch. He began clicking his tongue and smacking his lips as the book slipped out of his hands. Zain, who had Liam pinned to the floor, heard the thud of the book and went to give it back to Louis.

"Louis, I have your book." He told him when he noticed what Louis was doing. He looked at him confused, not understanding where it was coming from. None of the boys knew this, but this was one of Louis's auras, signs of an upcoming seizure.

"Louis, are you feeling alright? What's wrong?" The other boys immediately stopped what they had been doing and came over to Louis's bunk.

"N-no wannn--" Louis began to slur his words. His hands were beginning to shake, which Liam took notice of. He gently laid his hands on Louis's shoulders as he began to slump forward off his bed.

"N-no wannn--" Louis continued to slur as Liam laid him down.

"Come on, mate. Don't try to hold it in. Let it happen and you'll feel better in a few minutes." Zain told him. After a few moments Louis began to convulse into a tonic-clonic seizure. Harry timed how long the seizure was lasting as they could hear Louis's pained whimpers. After four minutes, Louis's seizure stopped, but almost five seconds later, another one started, scaring the boys quite a bit. Niall immediately grabbed his phone and dialled for an ambulance.

After three minutes of the second seizure, the paramedics arrived and attended to the teen. After a few moments, Louis's seizure subsided, leaving the boy exhausted and sweaty. The paramedics set him on a stretcher and brought him outside to the waiting ambulance, the four other boys climbing in after him. As they were not far from a hospital it was only a five minute ride in the ambulance.

About a minute into the ambulance ride, Niall notices Louis's hand twitching. He looked at the other boys, all of them hoping he was going to wake up. Instead, he went into his third seizure in under twenty minutes. Within thirty seconds, Harry could see a wet patch growing on the front of Louis's sweatpants. It didn't take long for the other boys to notice as well. The paramedics gave Louis a medication called Lorazepam, which helped his seizure to subside.

"It's normal for a person to lose control of their bladder during a seizure. We're going to make sure he's going to be okay." The paramedics told the boys as they arrived at the hospital. They all climbed out as Louis was wheeled away and they were lead into the hospital. They were given some papers and Liam filled them out.

Sunset Medical Hospital Admission Forms

Date

November 8th, 2010

Patient's Name (Last, First, Middle)

Tomlinson, Louis William

Age of Patient

18