Chapter 1: The Girls who Overcame Time and the Boy who was just Overcome!

Emiko's pov

I yawned loudly sitting up as my ears twitched, I heard mom calling for breakfast and crawled out of bed. My eyes briefly landed on the calendar seeing that Kagome's birthday was tomorrow, meaning my birthday was today. Apparently, Kagome's mom was not my real mother, she explained that she found me in the Shrine's well and that it was the same day that Kagome was born. Mom decided it would be best to have my birthday a day earlier, so that we didn't end up fighting over gifts. I asked her so many questions about where I came from but she didn't really seem to know, but the one thing she always assured me was that I was loved. Whoever my birth parents were, must have been the reason I had dog ears and fangs. I didn't look like a normal human, Grandpa always thought that one of my parents must have been a demon while my other parent could have been human. He concluded that when I was just three years old, because it was the night of the full moon.

I put on my sweater and walked downstairs, my room was right next to Kagome's. "Good morning, birthday girl." I took a seat next to Kagome, who was sitting out in the living room with Grandpa. "What are talking about now, Grandpa?" I saw that he was holding a keychain with a small pearl hanging from the bottom of it. "It looks exactly like the Shikon No Tama." I sighed and shook my head, I zoned out of his rant not really being interested in it. Grandpa always told weird stories so once I turned ten, I started zoning out when he did start his weird stories. "Are you two even listening?!" Grandpa angrily asked, "Well sorry Grandpa, I'm just not interested in your story." I shrugged it off, as Buyo came over to us. "Well, fine then. Here is your birthday present. And Kagome this is for you." He handed me a small wrapped box and I took it from him, while he gave Kagome something weird. "What is that?" My nose picked up a weird smell and I recoiled back. My nose was extremely sensitive and I could already tell that Grandpa's gift might not be all that great.

"A mummified foot of a water imp." Kagome, who seemed uninterested gave it to Buyo to play with.

"Don't give that to Buyo!" I shook my head at Grandpa's reaction, giving off a small chuckle as he took it from Buyo. "Oh, I almost forgot. I got you something too. Here ya go." Kagome handed me another small wrapped box and I opened it. "I got us matching ones. I have mines on now." I smiled from ear to ear, as I took the heart shaped necklace out of the box and put it on. "Thanks so much, Kagome. You will get your gift tomorrow." I then opened Grandpa's gift and instantly frowned seeing a weird wrapped thing in the box. "Maybe not," I closed the box back and got up from my spot, as Mom came into the room with a small cake. "Happy birthday, baby girl." I gave her a small smile, as she placed the cake down on the table. Even though she may not have been my real mom, she always made me feel like I was hers which is something I appreciated. "Happy birthday, sis!" Sota gave me a large hug and handed me a card. "Thanks, little one," I patted his head, as he continued to hug me.

The next day...

I was up bright and early, getting ready for school. Since it was our first day back I thought it would be good if we got there on time, since last year I always made us late. "Good morning, Kagome. Happy birthday." I handed her a small gift wrapped box and she opened it only to gasp. I decided that since we're sisters and she had already gotten me a necklace, a ring would be the best thing for her. I was already wearing the necklace and the ring, I had gotten for us both. "I got us matching rings. I thought it would be a good thing." She gave me a really big smile and launched herself on me, making me stumble backwards. "K-Ka-Kagome." I stuttered, I wasn't expecting her to do that.

"Thank you, so much." I patted her head and pulled away from the hug. We picked up our lunches saying goodbye to Mom and headed outside, only to find Sota near the shrine. "Hey, bud. What are you doing by the shrine?" We walked over to him, curious as to why he was there.

"I think Buyo went in there." Kagome opened the shrine door and I instantly started sniffing around, but I hated the smell in here. "Buyo!" Kagome walked down the stairs and I followed after her to look around. My ears twitched at the sounds coming from around us. A sudden scratching noise caught my attention, which caused Sota to get scared. "Is someone scared?" I taunted, crossing my arms and looking to Sota with a smirk. "No, I'm not scared." The scratching got louder and then something jumped out, making Sota jump. It was just Buyo.

"See there was nothing to be scared of." Just as I finished my sentence, my ears caught onto something and the well doors flew open. A blue light shined and out of instinct I grabbed onto Kagome, hoping it wasn't something dangerous. Arms came out of the well and grabbed me, pulling both Kagome and I down the well. "Kagome, just hold onto me!" I shouted as we fell down, and that's when this weird thing came towards us. It had the face of a lady but the body of a large centipede, which really creeped me out. Just what the hell was this thing and why does it want us? I kept myself covering Kagome but whatever it was just too freaky making Kagome scream, she threw her hand out and a light shined making the thing fly backwards. It shouted out in pain as one of the many arms on it came off, I quickly chucked one of the arms off of Kagome. But in doing this, it pushed us down and we finally landed at the bottom of the well. But from what I could tell, we weren't home at all. My nose picked up a different scent while my ears heard something else, it sounded like birds chirping. "Sota!! Go get Grandpa!!" Kagome called out, I had a feeling we weren't home.

"Emi, can you hear him?" I shook my head at her question.

I spotted a vine that she could climb up on and insisted for her to go up first but once she got to the top, I think she realized that we weren't home now. "Kagome, go up." I said, which snapped her out of her trance. She climbed up out of the well and climbed up after her only to find that we weren't even home. Kagome and I looked at each other for a moment, and then looked around. We were in a forest area that stood out, this is absolutely crazy. "Kagome, where are we?" I asked.

"I don't know, Emi."

I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach but I pushed down and thought of something else, when I snapped out of my daze Kagome had disappeared. "Kagome!" I called out and caught onto her scent, so I followed after her. When I found her, I stopped in my spot and stared at the tree Kagome was standing in front of. I couldn't believe my eyes, or my nose for a matter of fact. There was a boy, but he wasn't a regular human like Kagome. He was like me, with the long white hair and dog ears but he didn't seem familiar to me at all. The weird thing about it, is that he was pinned to tree by a single arrow. He didn't look like he had died, but was just in a deep sleep and he looked peaceful. "Kagome, get down from there! Someone could see us!" I called out to her, a bit on the unsure side. My ears twitched, I quickly turned around and instantly stood guard. "Get away from him, demons." There stood a bunch of village men dressed in old feudal era clothing but that wasn't all, they were armed and looked ready to kill us.