Chapter 6

"Um..."

"What's up?" James groggily asked,

"You just called me Teddy Bear..." Adam leaned back in James's couch, stiff as a board. His friend rolling around with a chicken nugget in his mouth on the floor, though despite all this rolling he didn't actually move an inch.

"I did? Woah, I gotta stop blacking out..." James murmured, his mind was obviously elsewhere.

"Why did you call me that in the first place?" Adam asked, his stomach tightening by the minute. For the past five minutes, everything in his mind had gone absolutely nuts. All because James had to say, and then proceed to reinstate, that he loved him.

What did he mean? Did he mean it as a friend? A pal? A brother? Or maybe...no, of course not, he's still getting over Jaiden, he couldn't possibly...

"Um because you're cuddly like a big strong bear. Or, at least that's my guess. What were we talking about?" James replied as if this was a given, which only flustered Adam more, feeling rather grateful that James was on the floor, unable to see his face.

Maybe he did mean it like that?

"You're obviously tired." Adam remarked.

"Yeah, no duh. I only got like two hours of sleep because I spent all night with Jaiden talkin' 'bout boys until she left." James grumbled.

"Why were you talking about boys?" Adam queried, he rested his arm on the back of the couch, trying to look relaxed.

"Um because I think I like one, do I have to spell everything out? Because I probably can't, sorry."

James's 'tude made Adam chuckle, but his words still made the butterflies in his stomach aggressively flutter, "I thought you liked Jaiden?"

"Well, yeah, of course I do. But for like two weeks I've been thinking about this guy and I'm super confused about it." James ate another chicken nugget.

Something told Adam that he probably shouldn't tell him he said all this, "Who's this guy?" he asked.

"It's..." James hesitated, "Ad-A-Damien."

"Ad-A-Damien?" Adam echoed teasingly.

"Yes, Ad-A-Damien. He's great."

"Yeah, you always gotta add a Damien into your life." Adam snickered.

"I hate you." James growled with a full mouth, which only made Adam chortle.

"For real though, who?" Adam asked, but he got no response. Upon peering over the couch to investigate, he found James fast asleep with a chicken nugget in his mouth.

He smiled, "Of course."

"Glad to see you're finally actually awake." Adam remarked coolly, sipping his coffee.

"Heh, yeah..." James awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, his eyes darting around the coffee shop.

"So, you wanna tell me what happened last night to where you're asking me for chicken nuggets at four in the morning?"