f o r t y t h r e e

Start from the beginning

but it hadn't been hyungwon. it had been inho. and hyungwon probably didn't know anything about it.

"i am sorry. the clothes aren't ready yet – she said bringing him another towel – cover with his while we wait." she said nodding.

hyungwon agreed weakly as he sat in the nearest couch. soon appeared next to him with two boxes. "choose a color." she said.

he glanced at the boxes and then at her. "w-what is that?"

"it's hair dye." she said approaching the boxes to him. "come on, choose a color." he stared at the boxes with confusion.

"i am sorry but there were the only colors they had besides black and dark brown which are very similar already to your natural tone." she added.

"why?" he asked picking the first box, not even minding the color. soon left the other box on the couch and opened the one picked by him.

"i will explain everything to you, but at the right time. come on." she said pointing to the bathroom, an invitation to follow her.

"i forgot this had to be done first." she brought a chair and told him to sit down. she opened the box and read the instructions.

hyungwon put the other towel provided by her, around his shoulders to protect himself from the cold. "alright." she said pouring the mix in a small bowl and staring at him through the mirror.

"stay still."

her hands treated him softly. he couldn't help but feel endeared at the treatment he was receiving. he could feel her small hands massaging his scalp, even if she had plastic gloves.

she smiled at the view of him smiling.

"platinum blonde? i think you'll look fine." she said, causing him to laugh.

"i don't think so... maybe i should have picked the other... what was it by the way?"

"deep red." she said chuckling, he laughed as well. "i am not so sure anymore."

she smiled. "now you need to leave it for an hour..." she said glancing at the other box, the deep red one.

hyungwon noticed she was having troubled thoughts. "i'll help you dr. park... if you let me, of course."

her eyes widened in surprise as she stared at him. "w-what?... no i mean... i wasn't- she stopped talking when she realized that she had exposed herself.

"alright..." she said narrowing her eyes, taking the chair where he was a few seconds ago.

"read the instructions."

"no need, i saw everything you did." he said opening the box and repeating exactly everything she did, without reading the instructions. soon smiled.

"did you want to be a redhaired dr. park?" he asked, applying the mix on her hair. she shrugged.

"not exactly... those were the only two colors available."

"did you... plan to change your hair color before coming here dr. park?" he asked now.

soon remained silent for a long second as she looked down. "i don't- k-know." she muttered.

"i didn't plan any of this until yesterday night." she said with almost a whisper.

"are you... changing our identities dr. park?" he dared to ask as his avid hands applied the almost toxic mixture on her hair.

she glanced at him through the mirror. "i... i don't know anymore." she said swallowing hard.