o n e // just no

Above picture is of Leah

"What is the Sequence?" Mrs. Robin asked the class. No one responded.

"Leah? What is the sequence?" She directed the question towards Leah who was doodling on the edges of her paper.

"It's Arithmetic." Leah mumbled.

Mrs. Robin smiled. "That it is."

"What about this one?"

"Explicit." Leah said easily.

"And this one?" Mrs. Robin was trying to make sure that Leah was really paying attention in class.

"Neither." Leah said without even looking up.

"And this one?" The teacher pointed to the final one.

"Both, technically." Leah said.

"Nope." Mrs. Robin said triumphantly.

"Actually, it is. Because you might have to add in the original equation making it appear like it is Arithmetic but if you continue onward then you have to divide, thus making it also Explicit. So it's both." Leah explained easily without hesitation.

"Oh." Mrs Robin blushed and looked at her feet. It was obvious that Mrs Robin had gotten slightly carried away trying to prove Leah wrong.

"Anyways..." Mrs Robin moved onto another lesson and began reviewing, avoiding calling on Leah altogether.

Leah continued to doodle on the edges of her paper when she noticed that a student was watching her. It was Wyatt Hampshire.

Wyatt had definitely made it clear that he noticed her supposedly attractive appearance.

Leah's long dark hair was always down and in its natural curly waves. Her striking and daring electric blue eyes always looked awake, even when it was obvious that she would rather be anywhere else.

Leah's body wasn't something anyone was ashamed to admire. She had curves in all the right places and had never had a problem with her weight or diet.

The bell finally rang out across the school and the students all stood up and rushed off to the buses.

"Hey, Leah right?  That was pretty cool in there. Not many of us are smarter than a teacher." Wyatt said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"I wasn't necessarily smarter than her, I just didn't get caught up in competitiveness and try to prove a student wrong," Leah replied.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me sometime? Like maybe tonight?" Wyatt asked her.

"Umm, I'll have I check with my Dad first but sounds good to me." Leah said softly, just barely a whisper.

"Hey Dad?" Leah called into the kitchen.

"I'm the office," Jared called back.

Leah grinned as she slipped into the office.

"Can I Please go on a date with Wyatt?" Leah asked giving him the puppy eyes.

"No." Jared said flat out.

Leah felt confused, her father was never able to resist the puppy eyes.

"Why not?" Leah pushed.

"Just no." Jared said harshly.

"Please." Leah said frustrated and feeling a bit panicky.

"For the last time, no." Jared said firmly.

"Can you explain why?" Leah asked with her arms crossed and her brow cocked.

"Because you just can't." Jared said with furrowed brows. How was he supposed to explain to his fifteen year old daughter that she was predestined to marry the King of the Fallen Angels and that he would probably kill any boy she went out with? Simple, he couldn't.

"You have to do better than that." Leah said with narrowed eyes.

"You are too young to be dating. You can't even drive yet!" Jared was just making up excuses.

"But Wyatt can." Leah exclaimed frustratedly.

"I don't trust Wyatt." Jared grumbled.

"Well I do, is that not enough for you?" Leah sobbed.

"No, because you are my little girl and as your father it is my job to keep you safe. I cannot let your mother down again." Jared seethed more so at himself and mentally cursing King Rhys.

"Oh." Leah said nodding and walking up the stairs and locking herself into her bedroom.