Apex Predator

As the first bell rang I hurried inside of my history class, we were learning about women's rights, which wasn't that bad a subject, it was far less boring than other things we had learned and it often led to discussions that held my interest, however throughout the class Betty Cooper kept interrupting with her opinions on the matter, and when the topic strayed to cheerleading she called it cliché and objectification. "Excuse you Cooper, but last time we checked you were the one begging me to let you join!" I looked down as Cheryl barked viciously at Betty.

"I joined because of my college application, but it is still objectification and discrimination along with pitting women against each other because they can't wear short skirts and shake their butts in front of the whole school."

Cheryl scoffed, "Cheer leading is a sport that women who have skills choose to be on. It's so elite because you need to be able to either carry the pyramid or be on top of it and sorry Betty, but in freshmen year you couldn't do either!" I felt a a pang of guilt as I looked at the expression of offense that landed on Betty's face.

"Why do you two have to be such bitches? Women are supposed to stick together not tear each other down!" Betty was clenching her fists tightly,

"We're the alphas at this school, and alphas need to show dominance so, we bear our teeth and trample who ever wont bow down to their apex predators." Cheryl explained in a way that made Betty sound even more stupid than she was already acting.

"Cheryl we shouldn't bother with her. She'll never understand the social hierarchy of high school or, the importance of cheer teams like the River Vixens." Betty glared at me for not defending her and took her seat, once the bell rang she stormed out of the room and probably went to go cry in Jughead's arms. As the day went on things only got more boring, luckily, lunch was only minutes away and Cheryl and I couldn't wait to go, when the lunch bell rang we darted out of the classroom and practically ran past the serpents to get to our table.

"Y/N!" I stopped in my tracks and turned around to see Sweet Pea running after me, "You wanna sit with the serpents?" I chuckled at him as he looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"Sorry Pea, I only sit with Cheryl." He looked down with a disappointed sigh as he tried to think of another excuse to hang out with me.

"How about pops? Just you and me tonight? It'll be fun." I sighed heavily as I remembered the party at Reggie's house tonight.

"Once again I have prior plans with the populars. Maybe some other time sweets." It annoyed me that I had to turn down the cutest guy I had ever met, but hey thus was the sacrifice of being popular.

"Oh, okay. Maybe tomorrow then?" He looked so disappointed it was almost cute, the way his big brown eyes looked to his feet nervously made my heart beat fasten.

"Actually I'm busy. However I can FaceTime you while getting ready tonight?" He nodded before heading to the serpents table. When I sat down beside Cheryl I noticed her usual smirk was more mischievous than it would normally be. "Hey Cheryl, what's with the Cheshire grin?" She looked towards me with a giggle before sliding closer to me.

"Well, I was just thinking how fun it would be to get Betty back for her shenanigans earlier." I raised an eyebrow at Cheryl as she continued her giggle fit. "And to get her back maybe we could pretend to have a little accident due to her weight." I looked towards Cheryl with widened eyes.

"Dude that's fucked up. Especially since you're best friend, aka me, has struggled with her weight for the longest time." Cheryl looked at me sympathetically before taking a deep breath.

"Well, Betty deserves it, and plus you and her have way different body types, you're hot where as she shows her weight." I scoffed in surprise as she looked serious as could be.

"Cheryl you're literally the bitchiest bitch I know!" In all honesty, I hated my best friend. She constantly was pushing others down and bullying people who weren't as privileged as her. It was frankly the most annoying thing in the world, but what could I do?! I didn't wanna lose my spot of top bitch so I had to put up with her. Luckily lunch was quick, however unluckily it was now cheer practice once again. Practices twice a day was the worst but hey, I looked hella cute in the uniform so it was whatever.

"Okay vixens, today we're going to be doing trust falls!" A chorus of groans was heard from the girls as Cheryl spoke, she had already informed me of the plan and honestly, it was fucking evil. "Now everyone, I want you to fall into our beautiful Y/N's arms and then catch me in your own. Line up!" When it was time for Betty to fall into my arms I looked to Cheryl's grinning face, as Betty fell I pretended to collapse under her weight, however in the process I sprained my ankle "Mother Effer!" I yelped out in pain and Cheryl ran to my side.

"Why didn't you tell us you literally ate a cow Betty?! You just made the strongest girl on the team collapse!" As tears ran down my face Sweet Pea raced down to my side and helped me up.

"Damn Cheryl this is hella real, I think I sprained my ankle." I saw Cheryl's face morph into pure anger as she saw even more tears fall down my face, Betty looked at me bewildered and turned to Cheryl with a questioning face.

"God damn it karma's a bitch! I'm so sorry Betty, but to get you back for the shit you pulled earlier we were gonna pretend you were too heavy to hold up in a trust fall. Then after you were as embarrassed as I was while you trashed my precious cheerleading we'd tell you that Y/N just didn't have enough iron and it wasn't your weight at all." Betty looked at Cheryl pissed as Jughead gave me a glare.

"Okay enough with the bullshit, someone get me to the bleachers!" I barked, soon the handsome serpent picked me up and placed me on the seat where Midge looked at my ankle to make sure there was no real damage.

"You just need to stay off of it for the night Y/N; you should be fine by morning." I smiled at Midge and took Cheryl's hand.

"That's enough for today vixens. I expect to see you tomorrow afternoon for the real practice, goodbye." After Cheryl dismissed the team Betty came up to me with Jughead by her side,

"How could you, you said you knew what it felt like to be embarrassed of your weight, so why would you do something like that!?" Betty yelled at me angrily, I looked at Betty with a forced glare as I made up some sort of excuse.

"I've gotten nothing but shit for being a cheerleader and to see one of my own trash the sport was absolutely infuriating, and Betty, in case you haven't noticed I've never gotten shit because of my thick thighs, nor my thin patience." I heard a chuckle from behind me and when I turned around it was the muscle himself, Reggie.

"Thick thighs and thin patience definitely describes your personality y/n." I shot a glare at the handsome bulldog.

"Shut it mutt, muscle shouldn't speak." He simply laughed at my harsh tone.

"You just don't care who you insult do you?" Jughead asked with a glare.

"No of course I don't. I'm an alpha bitch; I can mess with whoever I damn well please." I answered with a bitchy chuckle as Jughead scowled and walked away with his arm around Betty's waist. 

"You sure are feisty today, what's wrong?" I turned around to see Reggie's dumb smiling face.

"Cheryl's turning me into a mega bitch." Our walk to my house was short and we arrived there just in time for dinner.