"Uh, good now they're gone we can just hang for a bit, so what'd you do to get that much money from your mum? Did you steal it?" Crystal asked as she gently pulled Ashton down to sit on the sand with her.

"I had to see my Dad today, we- we uh, see each other twice a year, and we don't get on very well so my mum thought that it'd be nice for us all to get pizza, make the day a little better, I would never steal from my mum," Ashton said defensively.

"Sorry, I just- it seemed random," Ashton thought his defensiveness had put a damper on the conversation, but she continued, "so how long have they been separated then?"

"I don't know, almost as long as I can remember. It's the last time I have to visit him. I'll be eighteen before the next visit, so if I want, I never have to see him again,"

She didn't respond, and they both seemed to mull over the words and the silence, and Ashton appreciated that sometimes just having someone hear you was all you needed. He didn't want to deal with her apologising. She had a pretty typical family, so he doubted she understood what it was like, and she definitely didn't understand the 'being the cause of you parents breaking up because you have a literal magical curse on you' of it all either. Instead, she leant her head against his shoulder as they leaned back on their elbows, watching the night waves roll in and out.

After a while though he could feel her shivering slightly and she sat up, wrapping her arms around herself, "those guys are taking forever like Dominos are so fast, this is ridiculous," Crystal sighed.

A voice answered back almost immediately, "you'll forgive us once you see what we've brought babe," Her head whipped around at the sound of her boyfriend's voice.

"Oooh, wine," she said happily, and Ashton slowly tuned to see the three guys walking back, Michael with wine bottles in hand, Luke with the pizza in his arms and Calum with seemingly nothing.

"And a little something else," Calum grinned gently shaking a little baggie in his hand, "We thought it was only fair we pitch in for something, and only if you want to Ash, you don't have to,"

Michael handed Ashton one of the bottles of wine, "drink up," Ashton rolled his eyes and undid the bottle, taking a large swig. He would have had a drink anyway; he didn't need to be told to have a drink. He took a few deep breaths and had to remind himself that the others didn't know what their phrasing did. Ashton went to pass the bottle to Crystal, and she shook her head and started to stand up, dusting herself off as she went.

"We're going to go and have a chat," Crystal said, grabbing Michael's hand and leading him further down the beach, and out of sight with the other bottle of wine.

"Well more weed for us then," Luke said with an eye roll putting the pizza boxes down before he and Calum joined Ashton on the sand.

Calum passed the little clear bag to Luke, "I'm assuming you've never smoked before Ash? If you don't want to, I won't either," he gave the older boy a soft, reassuring smile.

"it's alright; I mean, why not really?" Ashton said, trying as he might be casual.

Calum just nodded and opened the pizza box taking a slice of pepperoni out before Luke took one as well and finally, Ashton. Luke was trying to cut up the small bud as well as eat his pizza, and it was painful to watch, Calum beckoned for the wine in Ashton's lap, and he handed it over still watching Luke.

"Have you ever drunk alcohol before?" Calum asked through a mouthful of pizza, he washed that down with a swig of wine.

"Nah, I've never really had anyone to do this sort of thing with," Ashton shrugged, taking the bottle back from Calum again, the tan boy had tried to offer it to Luke, but the other boy was far too focused on his cutting.