Chapter XVIII

Peter's POV

"PIETRO!" I heard someone shout.

I jumped up out of bed and realize it was a dream. But, who was that? Who called me by my real name? Not even my mother calls me that. Only... Wanda... But, she's dead. So, who was that?

I don't know what triggered the dream. But, it sure does make me feel uneasy. I miss my sister. she's my twin sister. My other half. It's sad how she's no longer around here...

I check the clock, it's 10 AM. I overslept? That's strange. I never oversleep.

I walk out of my room and ran down to the kitchen. Nobody's there. Maybe Crystal's already at the hospital. Hank probably took her there. Does that make me a terrible boyfriend? Uh... I don't know.

I decided to just shrug it off and get some cereal for breakfast.

~ time skip cuz I don't want this to be too long ~

3 PM, Crystal is still not home. Hank and the professor is nowhere to be seen either. Where is everyone? I ran to find any one of them in this house. I ran up to the roof, nobody. I ran to the garden, nobody. I check all the student's room, they're all empty. Well, the students are back at their homes for Christmas. So, the mansion is pretty much empty.

I ran down to the basement to find Hank in the lab. I slowed down and stood in front of him.

"Hey, have you seen Crystal and the professor?"

"Yea. Crystal went to the hospital this morning. And the Professor's with her."

"oh, I see. Did she tell you which hospital she's in?"

"uh, yea. It's the hospital near her old school. I forgot what it's called." he said.

"okay, thanks."

I ran out to the hospital to find her. She's not there. So I went to the receptionist.

"Uh, hi."

"Hello, sir. How can I help you?"

"Have you seen a young girl with white hair, and a bald man in a wheelchair?"

"Oh, you mean Mrs. Lyone and Mr. Xavier?"

"Ah yes! Do you know where they are?"

"Are you Mr. Maximoff?"

"Wha- how did you know my name?"

"follow me please."

She stood up and walked towards one of the hallways. We went pass by countless numbers of rooms with sick patients in them. I felt bad for the kids that are sick here. They're probably in lots of pain.

We finally stopped in front of one of the doors. It doesn't look like a normal room.

"Sir, please try to stay calm. She's still unstable." the receptionist said.

I nodded and she opened the door. I can see Charles looking down to the floor. I can see the edge of a bed. But the curtain was blocking me from seeing Crystal. I walked over to them.

'I'm sorry, Peter.' said Charles.

I felt tears in my eyes as I knew something bad had happened. I walked slowly towards the bed. I half expected to see Crystal's dead body. Or Crystal in a coma. But, no. She was sitting on the bed. Her wrists were tied down to the bed. Her eyes are puffy and red. Her hair was a mess.

"C-crystal? What happened to you?"

"She's gone, Peter."

"W-who?"