Chapter XIV

Crystal's POV

*The next day*

"Wake up, Crystal." A man said to me.

I expected to see Mark waking me up. But, what I saw sent chills down my spine. It was Stryker himself. He never comes here. But, now here he is. Standing in front of me. I wanted to ask why he was here. But, I don't want to piss him off. So I just stood in front of him.

"Come with me." He said.

Mark opened the cell door and gave me a sad smile. I returned his smile and continued walking down the hall. We kept walking until we stopped at a door. He opened it.

"Get in" he said.

The room was dark. It looked like some sort of an interrogation room. Without the mirrow though. He turned on the lights. My eyes took a few seconds to adjust. That's when I realized that we were not alone. A figure stood in the middle.

Peter.

My eyes immediately filled up with tears as I ran towards him. I hugged him without a dmsecond thought. He returned my hug and I could feel his tears on my head as he gently put his chin on my head. We hugged and sobbed for quite some time.

"I missed you so much..." I said to his chest. Still sobbing.

"I missed you too..." He said, choking on tears.

We kept crying and hugging for a few minutes before a girl held both my forearm and Peter's forearm.

"We need to get out of here." she said.

"Who are you? Where's Stryker?" I asked.

"No time to explain. We need to go." she said.

I took the pill that Mark gave me while Peter dressed up as a guard and the girl turned into Stryker again. We walked out of the room and I think they're breaking me out. After a while, two more guards guarded me. I looked at them. I recognized Hank. I don't know the other one. I stared at him for a bit.

He noticed me and winked. Signalling that he was one of us. When we were walking on an empty hallway, a guy turned to the hallway. Stryker. He looked at us in shock and pressed the alarm. Peter knocked him out and we ran as fast as we could. The girl transformed into another guard.

We then slowed down and acted like they were going to put me back to my cell. I looked down. People started getting suspicious. That was when the speaker turned on

"CODE 174! CODE 174! A MUTANT IS ESCAPING! CODE 174! CODE 174!"

we immediately ran. We took a lot of turns. When we reached the exit, Mark was standing there. Pointing a gun at us.

"Mark?" I said

"Crystal? Who are these people?" He asked.

"They're my friends. Come with us, Mark. You'll be safe." I said.

The others just looked at one another, confused. Then, before we know it, Mark shot his gun. I thought he shot one of us. Apparently he shot one of the guards behind us. He then swiped his key card and opened the exit door.

"GO! Get out of here! Go!" He said.

We all ran out. I looked back at him and he gave me a smile. 'Goodbye' he mouthed. 'Goodbye, Mark' I telepathically said to him. He gave me a smile before shooting at the guards. A few moments later, I saw him fall to the ground.

He's dead.

We ran to a car that was hidden not far from the facility. Hank took the driver seat, the girl sat on the front seat, while Peter, blond dude, and I sat on the back seat. I learned that their names were Raven and Alex. It was pretty awkward because I was between Peter and Alex. Peter doesn't seem to like Alex.

"I missed you so much, Crystal." Peter whispered.

"I missed you too, Peter." I whispered back.

I put my head on his shoulder and he puts his arm around my shoulder. It feels so good to feel the warmth of his body again. I want to keep hugging him forever. Then I realized he had his headphones on his neck. I took it and put it on. I reached for his walkman and turned it on. That's strange, it isn't Pink Floyd. It doesn't sound like something he usually listens to.

"It's different, isn't it?" he asked.

"yeah, what is this?" I asked.

"It's Jim Croce." he said.

"I thought we had the same taste in music? Have you gone soft while I was gone?" I joked.

"It's a good song! Listen to the lyrics." He said.

I replayed the song and listened to the words.

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
'Til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty
Except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

Then I realized. He thinks of me while he listens to this. I looked at him and he gave me a soft smile. I kissed his cheeks before I snuggled on his chest.

'I love you so much' I telepathically said.

'I love you too' He thought.

I closed my eyes and and let my tired mind and body rest.

A/N

Hey guys, so I've got news. I MAY not update everyday. "MAY" guys, I'll still update as much as I can. But, school's starting really soon and I've got several student council meetings coming soon. And I'll be in senior year of junior high soooo, yeah. I will update at least once every 2 - 3 days! Thanks for understanding :)

Thank you ♥

~ Felicia ~