Chapter 15-He Called Me Baby

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Not that I haven't done that already.

Alexander leaned in to whisper in my ear. "Well I guess I have to make sure you don't make it back home alive then, huh?"

Fuck.

I forgot that he could read my thoughts too. I might also have to research ways to keep him out my head like Zach does. It probably wouldn't work considering the fact that I'm human and Zach is an angel but it wouldn't hurt to try.

I need to make it out alive today, even if it's the last thing I do.

Literally.

Zach's words from the party echoed in my head.

'I need you to call out to me. As your gaurdian angel, I'm tied to you by a bond. This bond will alert me when you're in trouble, especially if you call out to me.'

My eyes widened when I figured out exactly what I needed to do but how exactly am I even supposed to call out to him though.

Do I just talk? Does it have to be in my head or out loud?

Good job Zach. Of course you would forget to mention only the most important part of the whole conversation.

I shook my head, forcing myself to focus.

I know I probably looked weird but I closed my eyes slowly and tried to focus on nothing in particular.

"Dawn?" I heard Skylar call my name.

I ignored it.

Zach, I don't know if you can hear me but Alexander just showed himself to me again in front of my friend. I'm pretty sure I'm talking to myself right now because nothing is happening and everyone is probably looking at me grimacing awkwardly so thank you so much.

P.s, I hate you for not giving me clear instructions.

Not cool.

P.s, you stink.

P.s, Why am I even still talking?

Cause you're an idiot.

"Skylar, is that you? Oh it is! What a coincidence." I heard Zach's voice. I looked up from our table and saw him walking over.

Alexander shot him a glare and turned his cold stare towards me.

I winked at him.

Asshole.

"Zach? What are you doing here?" Skylar asked him.

Oh, you know, he just came here because I used our angelic bond to call out to him since there's a fallen angel with a knife right next to me threatening my life.

Just the usual.

"It's a restaurant, Skylar. I was obviously here to eat." He laughed. "I saw you standing here and thought I would come say hi." He shot her one of his kind smiles.

For an angel, he's a little too good at lying.

Skylar looked behind him and then settled her gaze back at him. "You were here eating alone?" My eyes widened in panic.

"You know what they say, there's no better company than yourself." He answered nonchalantly.

"Oh, yeah, wow Skylar. Since when do we shame people for wanting to eat alone? How sick." I scolded her. Zach shot me a look and I'm pretty sure he was telling me to shut the fuck up because I wasn't making things any better.

Respectfully, of course.

"Oh, would you look at that. It's my boy, Alexander! Sup man." Zach extended his hand for a fist bump but Alexander looked at him with disgust and didn't react. "He's shy." Zach turned back to Skylar and she nodded awkwardly.

I wish we didn't have to lie to her but it's for her own safety.

"Skylar, would you be a sweetheart and drive me home with you and your friend? I took the bus here and don't feel like going through that again." For someone who acts like a kid with me, he sure knows how to talk smoothly in public.

He still has an image to uphold, I guess.

"Why don't you just tag along with your friend?" Skylar pointed at a grumpy looking Alexander.

Aww is the little fallen mad he didn't get what he wanted?

"No."

His kindness makes my heart warm.

"Okay? Then sure Zach, let's go." She turned around and walked away leaving a human, a fallen angel, and a gaurdian angel glaring at each other.

"So do you two come as a package deal now? I can't talk to one without the other interfering?" Alexander asked blankly. He stalked towards us slowly and looked at me coldly. I could tell he was pissed. "Expect me to be at your house tonight. This shouldn't be an issue since you already seem to be equipped with a body guard, right? " He then turned to look at Zach. "Let's see who the better angel is. "

Before I could even say anything, he was gone and it was now just me and Zach standing there.

"I will be there, don't worry about it." Zach assured me with a squeeze to my shoulder.

I nodded and we started walking towards Skylar together.

How the hell did I get myself into a war of the angels? Them being brothers makes things even worse. I feel like I'm watching a kdrama or something.

After Skylar dropped both Zach and I off, I decided to take a long bath to prepare myself for what was about to come. If I'm going to die tonight, I might as well look good in the process.

I'm trying to be positive but all I can think about is Alexander showing up to my house, cutting my head off, feeding it to my neighbours dog, and then donating the rest of my body parts to people that need it just because he's that sweet.

After I was done with my bath, I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my body. I opened the bathroom door that was connected to my room and I was so lost in thoughts that I forgot I didn't even notice the gaurdian angel waiting for me. In my room. On my bed.

"So, I left some bottles of holy water all over this place and got you some cru--" He froze when he saw that I was in just my towel. "Geez, woman. I'm an angel." He turned around quickly but not before I noticed his red tainted cheeks.

Does he not see naked people all the time in heaven or do they actually wear something up there? I decided not to comment on it.

I quickly grabbed the outfit that I placed on my bed and ran back to the bathroom, slamming the door shut. "Just be grateful you didn't teleport into my bathroom, you idiot!" I yelled from my side of the door.

"Excuse me for trying to protect you." He yelled from the other side.

I shook my head and started getting dressed.

This is going to be a long night.