Part Thirty Two- Black's Dirty Little Secrets

Start from the beginning

My heart leapt. He knew. He understood. But so did I.

"Scorp, you can't sacrifice-"

"I will die to protect you from them." He whispered. He stepped forward and hugged me in a crushing grip. "I love you Flare."

I squeezed my eyes shut. "I love you too Scorpius."

Scorp slid back into the darkness and I heard another guard fall. As quick as I could, I opened the grate up and walked in.

It looked like a sewer drain and it smelled like one to. The black brick walls were lined in algae or moss, the floor had a good inch and a half puddle of water. I pushed on, dread filling each of my steps, and yet I wanted to turn back. It felt... wrong.

I finally made it to the end of the tunnel and what I saw nearly ended me right there. It was a prison cell, gray bricked and iron barred. Half a dozen empty shackles hung from various parts on the walls, but one set was in use. Draco's hands were shackled above his head, his head sloping dangerously on an angle that didn't look comfortable and his once sleek hair was covered in dirt and grime that you couldn't make out his hair color. When he heard me approaching, he could barely lift his head up. I gasped in horror at him. Purple, black and green bruises covered his face.

I tapped my wand against the shackles and Draco fell into my arms. He groaned in pain. My eyes darted around, making sure no one saw us and half carried, half hauled Draco to the tunnel.

Once I was in the tunnel, I Appartated back to one place I thought I could have never returned to in my life.

My Dad's humble abode.

I pushed the door open, knowing all the spells were deactivated since Harry and his crew stayed here. Draco groaned again, trying to fall to the dusty floor.

"Oh no you don't." I said quietly, placing him on the couch. "Just stay there."

I was panting heavily as I opened up various cupboards, looking for something I could use to bind any wounds and wash him with and for any of the Muggle First Aid kits Dad kept.

"Miss Black, Kreature is wondering what Kreature can do to help the young Malfoy."

I turned around, startled. "Kreature?"

The old, wrinkled house elf seemed to smile. He bowed. "Miss Black. The young Black said you would come and said Kreature should help."

My brother knew. I didn't. I swallowed. "Do you know whether or not Dad kept any First Aid kits?"

He nodded and walked to the bottom cupboard. He opened it and disappeared. To kill time, I opened up the pantry and found sheets and towels. Grinning, I pulled them out.

Kreature returned with four kits. I nodded my head in thanks and led the way to the living area.

Draco wasn't alone. I nearly dropped the sheets and towels in surprise. Will this night get any better, I thought sarcastically, what's next?

The stranger turned his head and gave me a small smile. "Hey."

Anger boiled in my veins. He had no right to stop talking to me then hey me. I ignored him, pushing him away from the couch while doing so.

"Kreature, could you please boil up some water?" I asked. The elf bowed and quickly went to work.

I leaned over and brushed Draco's hair out of his eyes. His eyes fluttered wildly as he sighed heavily. I echoed his sigh, resting my head on top of his chest gently.

"Flare, I know you're mad."

I spoke so calm that it scared myself. "Get out."

George was taken aback.