Part Eleven- The Order

George's POV

I frowned at Flare. "So let me get this straight. Me, who is of age, is not allowed in the Order yet because I'm not out of school is dating you, a fifth year, who is in the Order."

She sighed and leaned against the wall behind her. "I'm a Seer George. And an Animangus, not that that matters."

I growled. "I heard from Dad the Order does dangerous stuff Flare. I don't want you to get hurt, or worse."

"George, I don't need the lecture right now. Since Scorpius left, it's now up to not only keep track of all the members and watch for visions, but too organize, plan and sometimes go with the Order." She growled right back. "So, you can blame my brother for screwing off."

She tried to walk passed me but I caught her in my arms. "Stop blaming yourself. He wanted to join them."

Flare tried to push me away but after the first push she stopped. She didn't speak, her mouth in a thin line. Her eyes were guarded again, blue as hard as ice flints.

"Berry! I need your help!" Sirius walked into the bedroom, stretching lazily. I nodded quickly to him before slowly backing away from Flare. He shook his head dismissively. "Don't George. I need to get use to the fact you're dating my daughter."

I shot Flare a look and saw her smile. "Hi Dad." She walked passed me and hugged him tightly. "What's up?"

"I need help cleaning out the living room." He said as he let her go. "Thought you might enjoy throwing things around."

She turned to me, eyes lit up in excitement. "Sorry George. It's been forever since I've thrown anything. Uncle Remus kept me on a tight leash so to speak."

I smiled. "Let's go get Freddie and Ginny then."

Sirius laughed. "The more the merrier!"

"Dad, no." She sighed as she walked out the door. We followed her out, shutting the door behind me. "We don't say that in this day and age."

There was playful fire in her eyes as she bugged her father about his age.

"I'm surprised your aging bones aren't hurting." She continued silkily.

"I'm surprised you haven't taken over your brother's room yet. Hoping he'll come back?" He growled. "Your mother chose them over you both."

I beckoned Fred and Ginny from the other room as Flare snapped. "Cause you were always there for me Dad."

I sighed heavily. Somedays I wondered why I chose to love Flare. She can be so touchy and sensitive one minute, then hard and guarded the next. I shook my head.

"Flare, please." I said from behind Sirius. "Not right now."

Her flipped back around and narrowed her eyes at me. I held her gaze until I finally looked away. "For me."

"Fine." She spun back around and walked into the first room on the left.

Fred slapped me on the back, frowning slightly. "Maybe I was wrong Georgie."

I gave him a weak small. "She's not normally this bad Freddie. Flare's still upset that Scorpius left."

"He's been gone for a week George." Fred said seriously. "She needs to get over it."

"Love you too Fred!" Flare shouted from the other room. "You always have had George, like I've always had Scorp. George has never left you the way my brother left me."

Fred stared at me. I shrugged and entered the room. "She has a point Freddie."

I bent over and planted a kiss on Flare's cheek. She shivered for moment as I pulled away. She turned to face me and gently kissed my lips.

"Sorry." She whispered softly. I smiled at her and gave her another kiss.

"It's okay."

She smiled at me, reminding me why I loved her. Her determination to keep moving forward no matter what, the way that she looked at me, like I was her savior.

We started to sort and throw out everything we could get our hands on. Pictures, cups, forks, jewelry.

"Wait, Dad, don't throw that out!"

I raised my head and exchanged a confused look with Fred. Flare was holding a medium sized silver plate in her hands, turning it this way and that. Fred took the broken cup from my hands and tossed it in the bag.

"Berry, it's a plate." Sirius sighed, reaching for it.

"Dad, it has our crest on it." She countered back without giving it up. I saw the crest in the middle of the plate, knowing from Mum that it was the Black crest.

Sirius growled. "It means nothing to us. We are the last of the house that isn't married into it. As the head of the household, I don't need the crest, therefore you don't."

I braced myself for Flare's explosion. Her eyes were harder than rock, a dangerous fire in her eyes. "You may not be proud of your family but you should be proud of your bloodline. Many great witches and wizards were our ancestors Dad. I want the plate because of my bloodline."

"You're not having the plate!" He snarled, taking it right of her hands. "This is the reason I ran away from his place. The crest, being a pureblood, bloodlines! And you have no right coming back into my life and telling me to change my feelings towards it!"

Sirius threw the plate again the wall, denting wall and not the plate. He pulled out his wand and pointed it at the plate, ready to destroy it.

"I don't care!" Flare snapped. "At least my proud of my bloodline and not my family! If I was proud of my family, I would be proud of you and there is no way I hell that I will EVER be proud of you! I hate you!"

She ran out of the room without another word. I was frozen in disbelief, trying to piece together what she had said.

Sirius snarled and followed her, shaking. "I never wanted to have kids Flare! And I'm stuck with the most difficult one!"

"I wish I had a father that was around my entire life and that understood me instead of one who was in Azkaban most of my entire life!" Slam. I heard Sirius sigh angrily as she shut the bedroom door loudly.

I turned to Ginny and Fred. "Should I?"

"Do you want your head missing?" Fred asked, standing. "I'm hungry."

Ginny touched my arm. "I'll talk to her."

"Ginny-" I started but she already left. I got up and turned to Fred. "Food. Let's go."

A small smile came from Fred. "That's my Georgie!"

I frowned slightly. "Just remind me to get back at Sirius later."

"You don't understand how excited I am to see that."