Part Fourteen- Drunk and Sights

• Dedicated to Cherie

Flare's POV 

'...Something I will never do again.' 

I took another shot of Firewhiskey as the thought once again passed through my mind. Yeah, I sure won't be able to scare Dad anymore. I picked up the bottle and went to pour another shot. 

I threw the empty bottle to the floor, shattering it into pieces. The sound was loud enough to bring the whole house running but I didn't care. I stumbled to my feet and headed for the kitchen a floor below. 

The Burrow was big enough to fit more than the eight people that were living here. Wait, eight? I shook my head. Six. Yes, six. Fred and George moved out. 

I stumbled in my drunken state into the kitchen and began my search for another bottle of Firewhiskey. It was the only thing that kept me going now; even George couldn't help the fact that Dad went behind the Veil and never came back. 

"Flare, what are you doing?" 

I went to spin around to face the person who was taking to me but ended falling flat on my face. I groaned in pain. 

"Flare." They sighed heavily as they reached for me. "You can't keep drinking like this." 

"Then go get Sirius!" I slurred violently. I giggled at my own joke. "Hehe, I said serious when I meant Sirius. Hehehe." 

I could just make out the ginger hair and warm brown eyes of George as he helped me stand up. 

"Cute, but you need to stop." 

I shook my head and pulled away. Once again I was sprawled on the floor. "Kill me then. That, the only way."  

My stomach churned fiercely as I struggled to my knees. George sighed again, leaning down beside me.  

"Flare, honey, this isn't healthy." 

"Dad went POOF and never came back Georgie!" I said with a frown. "I want Dad not to go poof and to come back." 

George rubbed my back. My stomach churned again and I threw up all the Firewhiskey I just downed earlier. It stung my throat and mouth but I didn't care. My father was dead and he was never coming back no matter what. 

The footsteps that echoed around me, hurting my head but I didn't show it. I wiped my mouth off with my arm and curled up into a ball. 

"George, what- OH!" 

I closed my eyes and leaned against George, drinking in his warmth. He wrapped his arms around me gently. 

"Sorry, Mum, I'll clean it up." 

"No, just take Flare and a bucket and keep her from moving. She may throw up more. Take her upstairs. I'll send up some crackers with Ron in a bit." 

George shifted and I fell back onto the floor. He picked me up as if I weighed nothing and carried me up the stairs. 

"Are you my angel?" I asked. My mind was fuzzy my body hurt. 

"Yes." 

"Are you here to take me to Daddy?" I asked quietly. I knew I was so drunk that I wouldn't remember this tomorrow. 

He laid me down on the bed and pulled me towards him. "One day, you will get to see him again Flare. But not for a long time." 

Even in my drunken state, I could hear the "I hope," in his voice. I cocked my head sideways. 

"Georgie, I love you." 

He kissed my nose tip gently. "I love you too. Sleep, my drunken princess." 

I giggled. "You should call me princess more." 

He smiled slightly. "Sleep." 

I closed my eyes and snuggled closer to him. Sleep over took me quickly and I remembered nothing.

***** ***** ***** *****

Sparks flew in every direction, voices loud and threatening. I spun around, trying to place myself. The corridor looked familiar despite how destroyed it was. Hogwarts. The thought clicked into my head. 

"Run! Run!"  

I watched silently as a bunch of wizards raced passed me and towards the younger witch in front of them. She spun around, ready to defend herself at the edge of the- 

Oh my Godric, the seventh floor hallway. The wall was blown away completely. 

I looked closer at the witch and I recognized Nikki. She raised her wand up, ready, when the spell struck her. She stepped backwards, slipping. I screamed as my best friend fell to her death.