Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Luna’s P.O.V

                A while later there was a loud sound come from downstairs.

                “What was that?” I asked. Kaname raised his head and looked at his doors.

                “Our guest will be here in a few moments,” he said. He got up from the bed and offered his hand to me as I sat up. I took it and he pulled me to his chest. He smiled and leaned down to kiss my forehead before helping me redress and leading me out of the room by my hand.

                “Who is your guest, Kaname?” I asked quietly as we approached the stairs.

                “A vampire from the senate,” he replied smoothly. “Do you know anyone from the vampire senate?”

                “Yes,” I said. “Before I got sick I was one of the representatives of the Hunter’s Association so I was always going to speak with the senate whenever there was a problem.”

                “I see,” he mumbled. When we reached the stairs every vampire in the Night Class was standing in the foyer and talking amongst themselves quietly. I gently pried my hand out of his and he glanced back at me, slightly annoyed while just shrugged.

                “Lord Kaname,” the vice president said as he rushed up the stairs to meet Kaname halfway. I was two steps behind Kaname and made sure to check my blade and see if it was still in my jacket pocket just to be sure. I wasn’t all too comfortable being in the same room with this many vampires that I’m sure want me dead.

                “You didn’t have to come for this,” the vice said. Damn, I really need to start remembering their names. “I’m sure my grandfather is just coming to lecture me over something. “ Wait! I know his name! Just gotta give me minute to think about it…hmm…

                “It’s alright,” Kaname said as he brushed past the vice president, I following quickly after. “I haven’t seen Ichio in quite some time. I’d like to say hello, is that alright?” Kaname paused and looked back at the vice president, then started walking back down. “I would also like to introduce Luna to him.”

                “I told you Kaname,” I said softly. “I already know the members of the council and they know me.”

                “Still,” he said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and had to bite my cheek to keep my grin from forming.

                “Of course you can, but,” the vice said. Kaname and I walked down the stairs and stopped a few yards front eh doors, the vice right behind Kaname and next to me.

                We all watched as the doors opened slowly and the vampire walked in dramatically.