Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Luna's P.O.V

My eyes bugged out of my head. "What!?" I screamed into the phone.

"What is it?" Yuki asked.

"Shut up!" I yelled at her.

"Hey!" Zero yelled in her defense.

"Shut the hell up!" I screamed at them both. They were so surprised the shut right the hell up. "You are not coming here Annabelle, and neither is Mom!"

"We're already on our way," she said calm as ever. "It's a little late."

"If either of you comes within one hundred yards of Cross Academy, I swear-"

"What?" she cut me off. "You'll leave us?"

I took a deep breath before replying. "That is not fair Annabelle and you know it."

"No," she argued. "Not fair is distancing yourself by leaving. Not fair is burying yourself in missions just so you can avoid us. Not fair is expecting us to be okay!"

"What else am I supposed to do Anna?!" I asked her. "Because I sure as hell didn't ask for this damn disease!"

"Let us help you!"

"Where have you been the past three hundred years Anna?! There is no helping me!"

"We might have found something to help you!" she screamed. I was so shocked; I froze to the point where I couldn't say anything.

"Luna?" Uncle called hesitantly. "What is it?"

"What?" I managed into the phone.

Anna sighed. "We might have found something to cure the Black Veins, but we're not sure. We haven't exactly tested it yet."

I chuckled humorlessly. "So what?" I asked her darkly. "You want me to be a guinea pig?"

"Well considering you're the only one that's infected and around a live pureblood, yeah," she said.

I glanced over at Kaname and mumbled into the phone quietly. "What does Kaname have to do with this?"

She sighed and I heard shuffling. "Look," she started. "We'll be there in three days. I'll explain then."

"No you're going to tell me now," I growled.

"I'll see you in three days," she mumbled.

"No, Anna-" The line went dead.

I growled and slammed the phone down. It was silent as I breathed heavily with both hands on the desk, leaning forward my head hung. My nails dug into the wood almost splintering it.

"You're infected," Yagari said. It wasn't a question.

I took a deep breath. "Yes," I answered.

"How long, Luna?" Uncle asked.

"A little over four months now," I panted.

"Infected with what?" Yuki asked.

I sighed and straightened. I took a deep breath and slowly removed my jacket, revealing my hidden skin. I heard most everybody gasp in horror or shock. I turned back and leaned my hip against the desk and faced the others in the room. I wanted to crawl back in Kaname's arms and hide away from the rest of the world and just let it be the two of us, but I resisted.