Chapter 2- The first day- Part 1.

"Mary! Time to wake up!" I groaned pulling my blanket up over my head. "Honey Come on now! You need to go to school!" My mother said opening my bedroom door. "It's You're first day!" I could hear the smile in her voice. 
"Mom why is your happiness so contagious?" I asked peeking out of my blanket, with a small smile. 
"I'm just a cheerful person my dear" She ran a hand over my wool and lightly pressed a kiss to my forehead, "Now get up I'm going to be making chocolate chip waffles, your favourite." This sentence caused me to pop right up, with a bright smile on my face.
"Chocolate chip waffles!?" I hop out of my bed and head to my closet. I nervously looked through my clothes trying to find something that wouldn't make me obvious to others, but still something nice.  I picked up my large blue jumper and slipped it over my head, I pulled on my dark purple skirt as well as my small pink bow that I always wear in my wool for luck. I walked down to the stairs towards the kitchen, taking a seat at our table.
"Excited for your first day sweetie?" My mom asked as she put a plate of waffles down.
"More nervous really..." I mutter slightly. "I mean you know how I get around new people." I add rubbing my arm a little panicked. "You know I'm not the most... sociable person." I saw my mother smile, and felt her run a hand over my wool and pressed a kiss to my head. 
"You will be fine my dear..." She said pushing the plate closer to me. "Now eat up, you have a big day to go through." 
I nod slightly taking the Waffles off the plate. 

I walk down to the bus stop a few meters behind Gumball and Darwin as I didn't entirely know where it was holding the straps of my back pack tightly. I stood quietly beside them at the bus stop. "You nervous Mary?" I tensed in surprise at Darwin's sudden voice.
"A-A-A little." I tremble slightly nodding my head.
"Hey it'll be okay." Gumball said as the bus pulled up the doors opened and showed a fuzzy orange person in jeans and a band tee. "I'll introduce you!" Gumball ran on the bus, before I could stop him. "STUDENTS THER IS  A NEW PERSON THAT WILL TAKE THE BUS." 
I felt my face heat up as I slowly stepped on the bus feeling everyone's eyes on me. 
I quickly walked to the back of the bus, taking out and opening my book of Alice in Wonderland, beginning to read. I quickly got absorbed into the story, jumping in surprise when someone tapped my shoulder. I span towards the person, seeing a tall blue Cyclops, with longish brown hair and a pink eye.
"Um... Hi you mind if I sit here?" The Cyclops asked as he guestured to the seat next to me. I slowly nodded while scooting over pulling my backpack to my chest. "Thanks. You must be new to Elmore. I'm Rob." As Rob sat down he offered a pink hand to me. I looked at it shyly before shaking it with my hoof.
"M-Mary-Anne" I introduced with an unconscious bleat, which caused me to to cover my mouth in embarrassment. "Sorry...."
"No it's fine." Rob waved off my apology, smiling lightly. "Welcome to Elmore."
"Thanks Rob..." I said shutting my book. 'maybe this first day isn't going to be so bad' 

I waved bye to Rob as we got off the bus and went into the school, but since I had to go get my schedule from Principle Brown I wouldn't see him for a while. 'He's really nice...' I think to myself as I walk trying to find his office, but as I turn the corner I bump into someone, looking up I see a cloudy person. 
"Oh hello there. Are you lost?" He asked, I slowly nodded. "Well where are you headed?" 
"P-Principle Brown's office." I quietly stuttered, looking down. 
"Alright. Follow me little one." The cloud man said with a light smile. 
I nod following him towards the principles office. He opened the door for me. "T-Thank you Mr...." I trail off realising I didn't know his name. 
"Small. Mr Small." He smiled, waving as he walked off. 
"Ah you must be Mary-Anne." The principle said suddenly causing me to jump. I span around seeing a Brown hairy creature sitting behind a desk with a older looking monkey in a pink dress. 
"Y-Y-Yes sir... T-That's me." I nodded slightly, holding my straps tighter.  
"Well as you know. I am Principle Brown and this is your teacher Miss Simian." He said gesturing to the monkey next to him.  
"N-Nice to meet you Ma'am." I said. The principle gave me a slip of paper. 
 "This is your class schedule, your locker number and combination." He said warmly, making me feel calmer. "Please follow Miss Simian to your class and I hope you enjoy your time here."