Chapter One: Secrets

(this photo is just amazing)

howdy

i'm back! (it really hasn't been that long but i mean sksksk)

i just took a major test, and it was really the only thing holding me back from releasing this, since i had prep classes for it, i've been studying nonstop, etc.

but it's done! and i am finally free to write :)

here you go~

We all have secrets. Some of us are just better at hiding them than others. Or maybe it's that mine is just a lot bigger than most people's.

For some, they're hard to keep. I, however, am a master of unsaid words, closed doors, and quiet whispers.

If anyone found out about my secret... I don't want to know what would happen.

I have a power. A gift, an ability, however you say it, I can do something almost no one else can.

I can turn invisible. Yes, I, (Y/n) (L/n), can turn invisible. Having powers runs in my family, as strange as that sounds.

At the beginning of time, or something like that, there were five families. (L/n), Evans, Smith, and two others I can't be bothered to remember. By some godly being, they were all blessed with powers. Each person had a different one - a few with super strength, a couple with X-Ray vision, et cetera. So, yeah, that was all fun and games for them. Over time, the families split apart; now there are people with powers scattered all across the world, completely unaware of each other.

Anyway, one day, two of the families had kids that could turn invisible. These kids noticed that even if one was invisible, the other could see them. This led them to eventually fall in love, and all that kumbaya nonsense.

The families also made this rule that you couldn't change your last name no matter what for some reason. Maybe to identify each other? Hey, at least those names prevents two people falling in love with each other, only to find out they're family. That would be really weird...

So, to recap, I have the power of invisibility, and there's definitely people out there who have powers too, but I haven't found one yet. Maybe my true love's out there too? The one who can see me, even when I disappear?

Haha, great joke.

If I'm being completely honest here, I hope that there's no one else out there that can turn invisible. It feels like a power you get stuck with, rather than one you want. I mean, as an introvert, sure, I just want to disappear sometimes, but out of all the powers I could have? Invisibility? My mom has super strength for god's sakes.

Speaking of my mother, sometimes I wish she hadn't told me about my powers at all. It really feels like more of a curse than a blessing. My whole childhood was learning how to control my powers, hiding them, using them responsibly, being constantly asked by my relatives if I would ever consider being a superhero like them, or if I would hide my powers like a coward.

Although, how can I save people with invisibility?

I envy the kids who's parents hid their powers from them. At least that way I wouldn't have to deal with the stress of it all, this whole world that I've hidden away from everyone in my life.

Well, almost everyone.

so there it is! are you as excited for this story as i am? i mean, i'm frickin' zazzed

*falls off chair*

hahahaha i'm so funny.

see you next time.

bye my beautiful babes!

-Kayla xx