Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

Giulia's POV

We walked home in silence; Ismiled while he walked holding the bags for me. We looked like acouple. It had been so nice passing time with him. How I wished wecould do this every day. I wanted to be with him all the time, ifonly I could. Just then something crossed to my mind, something thatwould let me stay near him all the time and every day.

"Diego."I said

"Tellme." He said still walking.

"ListenI want to do something during the day. I'm fed up doing nothing and Ithink I know a way how to do it if you only say yes." I said gazingat him.

"Giulia,if it's about work again.. I.."

"Wait,listen to my idea first. I'm very good with numbers. Sister Mary hada diploma in accounts. She would have had a good career if she hadnot become a nun. Anyway, she taught me many things, and I'm sure Iwouldn't have any trouble to work in an office. I could work for you.I would help you with the workload you didn't do today." I saidhoping he would say yes. He looked at me for a second and then..

"Giulia,I really appreciate your offer but I can't afford an assistant. Ihave hired Lorenzo, and his wage is quite high, I hope he'll be worthit. I'm sorry I can't, maybe when things get better I can considerthat, but right now."

"No,now. And I don't want any wage." I said in a determined tone.

"What?"

"Thiswill be a way for me to pass the time, to gain experience and thenit's not fair that I eat and live on you. I want to pay back in someway especially for today. You have spent a lot of money for me." Hegazed in my eyes; my heart lost a beat.

"Thosewere presents, and you're not a burden, stop thinking that."

"Pleaselet me help you. Let me give my contribution. I could do anything youwant. Filling, open the post. I don't know you tell me." Iinsisted. He sighed and then smiled.

"OKGiulia. If this makes you feel better. But I'll pay you, you won'thave a high wage but-"

"Idon't want any money Diego. I already have everything I need."

"No,it wouldn't be right. Listen we'll do it this way, I'll open anaccount for you and put some money there when I can and then you canuse it as you please. What do you think?"I smiled happily.

"That'sfine."

We arrived at the Villa whenit was already dark. We looked at the interior; there were no lightson. Raul and Ignacio hadn't returned yet. He opened the door, and weboth entered.

"Diego,thanks a lot for today. I really had fun. It has been nice talkingwith you." I said.

"Mypleasure." "I'mgoing to change my clothes and then I'll come and prepare dinner OK?"I said, feeling a little nervous all of a sudden.

"OK,thank you." We kept looking at each other, not knowing what to say.But then I made courage and hugged him and then I rose on my tip toesand gave him a kiss on the cheek. He froze for a second; he wasn'texpecting it. He looked at me in a strange way and was going to saysomething, but he didn't. My heart fluttered, and I couldn't hold hisgaze anymore, so I just ran away.

Diego's POV

I sighed, as I tried hard todeal with the mixture of feelings I was having inside. This girl isdriving me crazy, every little act she does in a such innocent way ishaving effects on me which aren't innocent in any way and which Ishouldn't have. I gasped catching breath trying to relieve myselffrom the tension I felt. Maybe a shower was all I needed right now. Iturned around to go in my room, and I jumped out of my skin withfear. Standing still with their armed crossed and looking badly atme, there were my two sons...