Imagination

Chapter 19

"What are we going to do Roc?"

"..... I don't know."

"Every time we move they always find me."

"Maybe we can lay low, try to blend in with the crowd."

"Meaning?"

Roc looks up at me from the table. Aura Lee had went into her room and began to play with the toys Roc just bought from her. While Aura Lee and I were sleeping, Roc went to talk to Ray and Kenya. They were fine but they were worried for me too.

"I was thinking we could move to Florida. Right around September. I can enroll you and Aura Lee into school."

"School?! Ugh, what are you my mom?"

"It's for the best. No one will know you there and it's a new slate."

"What about you?"

"I'm homeschooled."

"Ugh!!!!"

"Drama queen."

"By the way, have you seen Prodigy? He has been m.i.a. for awhile."

"Yeah. He got home sick, decided to go back home for a bit."

"Aww." I wish he would have told me. I miss him already.

"So is it settled then?"

"Yeah.. time to pack my bags AGAIN."

"Don't worry." Roc kisses my forehead. "This will all be over soon."

I bite my lip as he walks away. I was debating on telling him about seeing Prince at the festival. But I don't know if it was real or not. When I saw him in my room, Roc claimed it was my imagination. Prince carrying me out the carnival? Seemed real enough to me. I could even smell his cologne clinging to his shirt.

I decided against it. We already have enough to worry about.

I get up and take the stairs up to my bedroom. I drag my suitcase from my closet and begin throwing things inside. When I looked up into the mirror, a pair of dark, sexy eyes stared back. He ran his hand into his afro, flattening it and letting it bounce back.

I shake my head. Definitively imagination.