Awkward

Chapter 8

Roc hails a taxi. We get in without saying a word. All I do is look out the window as the car shifts forward. Two words: awk-ward.

As soon as we pull up to the hotel, I get out and hurry to the penthouse. I need to clear my head. The image of him standing in the locker room, with his eight pack abs and very large package down there... UGH!! Roc hangs around the lobby while I rush to the elevators. The doors rumble close.

Now that I think about it, I should go talk to Kenya. I miss her a bit. She's probably mad at me for cutting her off on the phone. Oh well.

The elevator stops on her floor and I walk along the hall. Which one is her room? This one...

I step in front of it and knock. It opens.

"Sup boo."

"Hey. Can I come in?"

"Sure."

Kenya steps aside and I walk in.

"Where's Ray?"

"Went out to get some lunch."

"True."

"Where's ya mans?"

"Who?"

"You know.... Mr. Manly Man."

"What?"

"TROJANMANNNNNN!!!!"

"Lordy, just stop."

"You saw it, you saw it," She sang. "Roc, Roczilla!!!!"

"Shut up..."

"Where is he?"

"You see.... It's a little awkward between us so we are going to be separated until this blows off."

"That reminds me!"

Kenya runs into her room and is back with a slip of paper. She hands it to me.

"There's a carnival in town. Just outside Vegas. Ray Ray wanted to go. Would you like to come with us?"

"Sure."

"You and Roc are invited."

"Kenya...."

"You can't stay like this forever. He's your best bud. While we are all there, y'all can talk it out."

"But I don't wanna talk about it."

"You know that won't help anything."

"Fine."

"Good. Meet us in the lobby at 3."

"Alright."

I fold the paper and stick it in my pocket. This should be interesting...