xxxiv. ministry of magic

Start from the beginning

"You're welcome." Aurora muttered.

Seven badges slid out of the metal chute. Hermione took them and passed them around. She took the badge and looked at the bold, black words across it, HARRY POTTER rescue mission.

"Visitor to the Ministry, you are required to submit to a search and present your wand for registration at the security desk, which is located at the far end of the Atrium."

"Fine!" Harry held his forehead. "Now can we move?"

Suddenly they were going downwards, and the box was submerged into the pavement. It went through the floors at a rapid past, and from what she could see, it looked empty. Harry hadn't let go of her hand, and she could feel his hands shaking. She couldn't think of any words to comfort him. She didn't need to as suddenly light came through, and they were flung onto the ground.

She landed on top of Harry, thankfully. "I'm sorry."

"Come on," Harry told them lowly, after helping her up. The seven of them sprinted off down the hallway, until making it down the hallway. There hadn't been one person, no workers or security guards, no one. They made it down to the golden gates which led to the lifts. They all huddled in, and she pressed down on the number nine.

"Department of Mysteries." a different female robotic voice said.

She didn't waste any time in getting out of the elevator, wand in hand, and towards the door at the end of the hall. She reached forward and opened it. She vaguely heard her boyfriend say to close the door. They entered a large, circular room. The entire room was coloured dark, and it was almost hard to see.

It was even harder to see when Neville slammed the door, taking away all the light. The only source of light was the blue candles on the wall. Her mouth opened to speak, but suddenly the ground started to rumble, and the walls moved.

"What's happening?" she asked, as it came to a stop. "What was that?"

"What was that about?" Ron whispered at the same time.

"I think it was to stop us knowing which door we came in from." she heard Luke say. He sounded far away. "Look there's so many doors"

"How're we going to get back out?" Neville trembled.

"Well, that doesn't matter now," Harry's voice answered sounding even further away. "We won't need to get out till we've found Sirius -"

"Don't go calling for him, though!" someone said.

"Where do we go, then, Harry?" Ron asked.

"I don't," Harry began. "In the dreams I went through the door at the end of the corridor from the lifts into a dark room that's this one and then I went through another door into a room that kind of glitters. We should try a few doors. I'll know the right way when I see it. C'mon."

She couldn't see anyone or anything and only saw a pinch of light when the door opened. Suddenly someone had grabbed her hand, she went to pull back but through the dark she saw a tall figure with messy hair.

"Harry?" she whispered, and the grip tightened momentarily.

"I'm here." Harry stood beside her. She followed him and the others into the room. This room was in a rectangle shape, and was much more brighter. The room was empty and had a few desks around.