lх: ғeммe ғaтale

Start from the beginning

"I want you to act like your age and stop pretending like an adult. This place ain't nothing for you."

Sasuke was looking at the other girls in the side, when he turned to Kisame with a delightful smirk. "Who gives a shit?"

"I don't," Kisame said on his best behavior, trying to refrain from bashing Sasuke's head with a weapon or maybe just his hand. "Maybe I'm just here to clean up your mess. So you could think of Itachi every time you kill someone or making a shithole out of your life."

"How many times do you want to hear me say it, Kisame?" Sasuke asked in a patient voice, holding his bottle. "I'm fine. I'm better here." He leaned against the table of the bar, assuring him. "I've never felt any of my problems gone. I just don't feel like there's a part of me that still cares, you know? I hate killing people. I mean I used to like it--to see their faces when you suck the life out of them--then I realize, you don't get anything out of it than a pile of blood."

Kisame seemed to exhale a large amount of relief, and the expression thank you, thank you in his eyes was hilarious. "I am so glad to hear it."

"That's the point," Said Sasuke, deliria in his dark eyes. "When I kill people, I still don't know how to figure a way how to forget. To forget that I ever loved someone, after I left them, or even killed someone who was trying to protect me."

"Kid, we don't have to talk about this." Kisame responded, almost begging.

"What, you think I'm lying? You people are sick. You think you know every damn thing about a person. What's the meaning of Akatsuki, anyway?" Sasuke fought, drinking his Sake. "Dawn? Daybreak? There is no light."

Kisame was aware that he was drinking and he was clearly out of his head, but there are times you can just burst into one moment, when a dark, certain memory was brought.

Sasuke had been going to Requiem as far as he could remember. His tracks were still fresh since he would just leave Hayato outside like some sort of a street performer, so the Nations could finally seek him out. It was like he was deliberately forcing them to come to him, to catch him and have him thrown into a lake filled with crocodiles. He managed to produce an heir, atleast, if he was trying to kill himself he was willing to give up his dignity for that.

Kisame sighed, scratched his head. This was not the slightest person Sasuke should have become. When Itachi was dying, all he asked, especially to him and Pein, if there was an open opportunity for Sasuke to join the organization for the sake of keeping him alive, Kisame was entrusted of keeping after him. After all, he was still a boy when he had abandoned him. Pretty much the Sasuke he had entrusted to him that day could have grown stronger, and more careful with the things around him.

Everything went upside down. This--Sasuke was being reckless! He was being stupid and naive, and Kisame cursed Itachi for even entrusting that mission to him. He failed. Perhaps there was really no going back to him--the more ironic was that instead of Kisame coming to him, it was Sasuke himself who approached the Akatsuki and built a darkness of his own. A darkness he released and was never to be sealed, unlike the tailed-beast Naruto had inside. Sasuke had become the heir of darkness.

The bartender returned with a tray of fine glass and a wine. Sasuke even gave him a tip for Kami's sake. Sasuke was about to grab his wine when Kisame had wrapped his solid shark-like fingers into the green bottle, his eyes blazing. "You won't be having any of that."

Sasuke looked at Kisame and challenged him. Kisame could still remember the look of hunger in his eyes when he had battled Itachi, those greedy ruby eyes that did not fear the sight of war or chaos.