My question causes her eyes to enlarge. She smiles brightly and nods. "Yes, of course."

I send back a wide smile and hugs her, burying my face in her neck. "Thank you for accepting."

She hugs me back while swaying us side to side.

Now that she's accepted me, it looks like she's starting to trust me.

EVENING TIME . . .

Jae's POV

While Taehyung and I get ready, I start slipping my shoes on.

Then I adjust my dress. I look at Taehyung and notice he's struggling with his tie. I smile and turn to him, holding his tie in my hands and I begin to tie it.

I've got to admit, he looks very handsome. He's handsome overall. More than handsome — ethereal, charming, hot-

Once I finish, I glance at him and blush when I notice he's staring at me. "D-Done." I stutter.

He smirks and licks his lips. "Thank you, princess."

My eyes widen slightly and I blush. "Princess?" She asks.

"Yeah, you look like one-" Then he pause and clears his throat.

"Th-Thanks." I reply, looking away and I pick up my purse and tuck my phone inside it.

Taehyung holds my hand out for me to take. "Shall we go, princess?" He asks.

A smile automatically forms on my lips and I gladly accept his hand. We walk downstairs together and make our way to the front door.

Just as he opens the door, my eyes widen in shock when I see someone standing there with a grin. Bomi.

"Taetae! I'm all dressed, shall we go-" She speaks but pauses when she sees our hands. "Excuse me? Is this some kind of joke?"

Taehyung speaks up."Bomi, I told you I-" then she cuts him off.

"Listen, baby. I'm sorry about what happened two days ago. I shouldn't have yelled at you. All I kept thinking about was you and I missed you so much. I'm so sorry for the way I treated you back at the bar in the bowling place." She apologises as her fingers trace his jawline and she smiles slightly.

"Bomi, I'm glad you apologised. I really am. But I need to think about this. I asked Jae to be my date for prom, tonight." He replies, biting his lower lip.

"But you promised me, Taetae. You said you'd take me. Your girlfriend. Not this trash." She snaps while glancing at me in disgust.

Shaking her head, she turns around to leave when Taehyung grabs her wrist. "Okay, I'm sorry. I know I don't break my promises. I guess I shouldn't break this one either."

She looks back at him and smiles.

He glances at me before speaking. "Sorry, Jae. But I did promise her before to be my date for prom. I don't break my promises. Plus, she's my girlfriend, of course I would take her."

That's when I feel it — my heart aching. Once again he picked her over me. Who am I fooling?

I send him a fake smile. "It's fine. You can go with her. I should have figured that you would take her, anyway."