Chapter 7

Giovanni's POV

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

After finishing getting ready, i took Zander out to starbucks so that he could calm down. I have never seen so much fear in a persons eyes as i did in his that morning. 

We walked through the door and were greeted with another very un-manly shriek from Harry, who stood behind the counter with his work clothes on. Like lightening he had pounced on Z, and was hugging the life out of him.

"Hey guys! What can i get you?" He grinned, giving me a side hug. "Caramel Frapachino and.." I replied, looking at Zander, waiting for his order "A hot chocolate please" He said shyly. 

"Oooookie dokie" He grinned, "Take a seat and they will be over in a giffy" He slapped Zanders a$$ as he walked away, making Zander squeak and move closer to me. I gently placed my arm over his shoulders and shot a glare at Harry's retreating figure. He seemed to know what i was doing behind his back as he started to giggle.

"Stop burning holes in my back Giovanni, I'm just messing around. I must say though, he has a peachy ass. Id tap that... But then, that's your job, isn't it?" He shouted, still in fits of giggles. Zanders face was ablaze, when he noticed me looking at him he covered it with his hands. Oh god. Shut up Harry i thought.

I just laughed it off and pulled him in for a hug and led him over to a table. Our drinks arrived just as our butts hit the chair, along with an extra as harry plonked him self in the seat next to me, with Zander across from us.

"Look kid, that blush is too adorable for words, so get rid of it, before Gio jumps you here and now. I can feel his tension." He said suggestively, rubbing my thigh. This caused Zander to blush harder and cover his face again. Slapping his hand away, i pushed him out of his seat "don't you have like, you know WORK to do?" I glared playfully. 

As annoying as Harry could be, he was my best friend for a reason. He never failed to brighten my mood and make me laugh, he was always there. 

He smiled and pulled himself to his feet, pretending to dust himself off. He made an indignant grunting noise "Fine. I know when i'm not wanted." He cried dramatically and flicked his hair out of his face and walked off smiling. 

In this time, we had drank half of our drinks and were just looking out of the window. 

"I meant what i said you know." He whispered. i looked at him to find his eyes looking into mine. He looked pained once again. "It wont take much to break,but i trust you with it none the less" He said sincerely, placing one hand over mine and pulling it to his chest and placing it over where his heart would be.

I smiled sadly and pulled his other hand and placed it over my heart. "Like i told you, I give you mine as well and i will protect your heart with all of my being.  I will protect you with my life Z. No one will get anywhere near you,,," I said, i felt his heart beat quicken under my hand, as a tear slid from his green eye. 

Startled, i started to apololise for bringing Him up again. He just laughed, smiling again and shook his head. "I'm not upset, I'm happy. You seem to actually care about me, which is something i am not used to. But can you please take back that last statement. It makes me uneasy.." He said, his eyes drifting away from mine again. 

"Okay. I retract that statement. But you need to know that i meant it." i said. He smiled at me, and pulled me to my feet. We took the last sips of our drinks and left, waving bye to Harry as we went. We climbed into the car and buckled up.

"where are we going?" Zander asked, noticing we weren't heading home. "We are going to the pet shop for some dog food, and we are going shopping for a few things that you want" I said, smiling at him as he grinned back.