page 11

He was always smiling. I remembered how his eyes lit up when I entered the shop for the first time. I remembered how he indirectly told me how the shop was at the verge of bankruptcy and smiled it off as if it was nothing. The reason why he couldn't gave the shop up, was his late mom the reason behind his determination on maintaining this business?

If so, why couldn't I do something to help him? It was the least I could do to express my fondness towards him. At least through this way, through a way that could actually make him happy.

The ringing of the bell broke my reverie. I forced myself up from the couch, opening the door as I was already expecting the guest of the night.

"Secret password," I crossed my arms.

Minho held up two plastic bags, the pleasant smell of fried chicken and pizza escaping from the plastic. I stood out of the way, letting Minho entered my apartment. It was one of the rare occasions where I invited him over to my quiet domicile just to talk about things.

"I have something to say." I declared after taking a bite of the spicy chicken wings Minho brought over.

Minho took a bite of his own wings as he waved his other hand in the air, signalling me to talk.

"Can't we do something about it?" I stole a glance at Minho, who was staring back at me with his eyes which had doubled in size, "I'm talking about Hyunjin."

Minho abruptly removed the chicken from his mouth, falling silent again as his expression from earlier this evening made its comeback. I took my forefinger and pushed his forehead with it, watching as he didn't budge from his spot at all.

I gave in and smiled softly, "Still thinking about what happened this evening?"

Minho nodded his head like that of a 5 years old child and supported his cheek with his free hand, his bottom lip jutting out.

"So you felt that too, huh?"

"Feel what?"

"That the cafe deserves more attention."

Minho's words sunk in and for a moment, I quivered in enthusiasm when an idea flashed through my mind. I placed my chicken wings aside, standing tall as I clasped my arms behind my body.

"Hey Minho, you know we're not art students for nothing."

"Hold on, are you going to do that? For real?" Minho sat upright on the couch, he crickled his nose in disbelief but his voice hinted amazement.

We finalized our idea in one sitting before requesting for an approval from Hyunjin, late at night. Once Minho and I were determined to do something, no one could really stop us from continuing our plan.

"No, no. It's nothing much, honestly." I rubbed my nape as Hyunjin repeated his thank yous for countless time through the phone.

"Have a goodnight, I guess?"

"Wait, Yuna."

The voice halted me from pressing the end button, I held my phone beside my ear once again. "What is it, Hyunjin?"

"Do you trust me enough to hang out for real this time?"

I eyed Minho, who was busy munching away the last piece of pizza. I discreetly scooted away from him, startling myself when my arm hit the corner of the couch.

"I trust you," I whispered into the speaker of the phone, afraid that Minho would caught what I said and started questioning me unnecessary things.

"Then this Friday it is. You can consider this as a blind date if you'd like," I could hear him stifling a laugh, "See you."

The beeping noise after he pressed the end button made me sighed and leaned back on the couch, narrowing my eyes at the thought of his words.

He was slowly blurring the line between boy next door and bad boy next door personality.