page 01

The sky cracked into a light shade of grey, enveloping the cafe in an uncomfortable darkness as the hanging lamps indoor softly flashed its orange light. There hadn't be a day when it didn't rain this month.

Just when you thought it was a good day to hang out with your colleagues and enjoy the sun after getting sick of typing down essays for five hours, rain came pouring in.

I sighed, palm supporting my cheek as I stared vacantly on the coffee shop built approximately twenty steps away from the one I am in now. The other shop looked rather simple and welcoming. The wooden planks were painted a beautiful baby blue, windows colored a matching white with a pot of flower beside the door completing its look.

A captivating and comfortable-looking cafe, a perfect discovery in this small yet calming city.

The rain that was pouring heavily just few minutes ago came to an abrupt stop, the background music in the cafe was once again audible. The beats made me tapped on the table unconsciously, eyes still refused to leave the coffee shop next door.

The white door of the coffee shop fell opened, the bell on top of the door wiggled in the air softly. I imagined the soft jingle sound the bell produced, smiling to myself like an idiot. When I turned my attention back to the door, a man was already stepping out of the shop. Then time naturally stopped when the door closed, revealing his unreal visual.

His silky soft hair softly fell to the front when his head dropped, a small smile spread across his face as if he had just seen the most beautiful creature in his life. An oversized striped shirt loosely enveloping his black t-shirt, half tucked in his black ripped jeans. He effortlessly combed his hair back, stepping forward to take a clearer look of the now clear sky.

"Wow," I whispered under my breath, unable to speak more at the sight of someone so flawless, so beautiful.

Someone who jumped out of one of the paintings in an art museum.

My hands spontaneously found their way to my MacBook, shutting it closed. I took the last sip of my macchiato, not wanting to waste my ten dollars on unfinished coffee before exiting the cafe.

"Thank you, please come again!" The workers chanted simultaneously.

Tomorrow, I promised myself, tomorrow, I will not think twice before visiting that coffee shop.