Chapter 7

Y/N's Pov

"You're parents? What do you mean?" Beni asked.

I show her the messages.

Unknown Number: I know where you are

Unknown Number: You won't ever escape us

Unknown Number: You will regret everything

"That's creepy. Are you sure that's them and not some creepy person?" Beni asked.

"I told you. If they ever got out of jail, they will come looking for me. And they know where I am. They're gonna kill me." I said.

"Don't worry. I don't think they will do that. They're your parents." Beni said.

I stared at her as if she was stupid.

"They experimented on me for how long?" I questioned her.

"Okay. They might. But what are you stressing out for? I'm sure they can't. You're always surrounded by people." Beni said.

"Okay, you're right," I said, sitting next to her.

"See. Now tell me about your date." Beni said.

"It is (insert random date here)," I said.

"No, about your date with Toxsa," Beni said.

"What do you mean by date?" I asked.

"You really don't know much about the social side of life. Do you?" Beni questioned.

"No. I only ever had time to know about school work." I said.

"Okay. A date with someone is when two people who like each other go out to have fun together. Some go to restaurants, some have picnics, some go to carnivals and some go to the arcade." Beni said.

I then thought for a second. Toxsa and I went to the arcade. And I think it's as mutual friends.

"I don't think it was a date. I'm sure we just went as friends as I didn't know what an arcade was." I explained.

"Okay, let me ask you a question. Do you like him?" Beni asked.

"I don't know. I don't know how someone who likes someone is supposed to feel." I said.

"Okay. Well, you feel like butterflies are in your stomach. And you get shy around said person. And you constantly can't stop thinking of them." Beni described.

"I've never had that happen in my entire life. And who's trapping butterflies in their stomachs?" I questioned.

"No one. It's a saying to show how one feels." Beni said.

"Okay," I said.

"Anyways, it's getting late. I should head home." Beni said.

"Okay, bye," I said.

"Bye," Beni said, getting up and leaving. 

Once Beni left, I got changed into my pyjamas

I then tried going to sleep.

Tried.

For the next eight hours, I had stayed awake, with only my thoughts to accompany me.

I had slept for thirty minutes before my alarm went off, waking me up again.

"Time for school," I said to myself as I got up.

I got changed for school as I tried to stay awake.

I went down for breakfast and Aunt Nathalie noticed me.

"Hey. Are you okay, you look tired." Aunt Nathalie mentioned.