09 - Whatever It Takes

Start from the beginning

"Good. Do ya wanna cuddle, 'zuku?"

(For people who skipped the section: Izuku's father is home for dinner and doesn't approve of Katsuki or of the relationship they have because he's homophobic. Izuku hurries to say that they're just friends and afterwards Katsuki questions Izuku about not telling him about it but the nerd says he didn't know. Katsuki asks if his mom is homophobic too and Izuku says she's not, she encouraged Izuku to get with him. They end up cuddling.)

'~'

Izuku quickly pulled Katsuki into a hall at school, shaded out of view.

"Izuku, what are-"

"Shh, m-my Dad's picking me up today." Izuku looked away, blushing faintly. "B-But I wanna get at least one kiss.. before I g-go.. but he m-might see a-and.. and.." Katsuki grinned and rolled his eyes, bringing their lips together.

"Just take the damn kiss then, you don't have to fuckin' ask." Katsuki spoke against Izuku's lips, causing giggles to escape his throat.

The time went by much too quick for Izuku's liking, stealing secret kisses from his boyfriend.

"Why is your dad picking you up?" Katsuki spat out the word 'dad', pulling away slowly. Izuku shrugged, stealing another quick kiss before speaking. "I have no idea.. father-son-talk? I don't care." Katsuki chuckled.

"You don't care? Soundin' a lot like me, Izu."

"What can I say, you're a good-bad influence on me, Kacchan."

"Oh my god. Shut up."

~

Izuku and his father hadn't spoken a word since he was picked up. The family sat in the living room, Izuku fidgeting nervously, until his father spoke.

"So, sales here have been phenomenal," He started, having a matter-of-fact tone in his voice, as if he was presenting in a meeting. That was how he always talked to his family. Izuku had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"But, all good things have to come to an end." Oh no. Izuku took in a sharp breath and felt tears forming. Why? Why now?

"We will be moving in a month. Be prepared."

~

Izuku cried so much. He didn't want to leave. He didn't want to be dragged away from Katsuki. He was sick and tired of moving. He wanted to avoid Katsuki but he knew that it would only make the situation worse. Especially when the blonde knew something was wrong right away.

"Izuku, what's wrong?" Katsuki cupped his boyfriend's cheek as he spoke carefully, taking in his sad expression. They were having another sleepover at the Bakugou's.

"Kacchan.. we're.. we're moving..." Izuku spoke quietly, voice breaking. He was trying so hard not to cry. Katsuki's widening eyes portrayed the same exact feeling.

"W-What..?" It came out as a whisper, Katsuki almost believing it was a joke — a cruel joke. Izuku nodded, hugging his boyfriend with a sob.

~

"I can just a run away!" Izuku exclaimed one day to his growing group of friends, during lunch at school. He hadn't made so many friends in one place before and he didn't want to leave. His current group had Uraraka, Iida, Kirishima, Kaminari, and Katsuki.

Uraraka shook her head solemnly. "Izuku.. that's illegal, you know that." Izuku avoided eye contact lamely.

"Only until I'm eighteen.." Katsuki squeezed his hand lightly. When had they started holding hands?

"Which is two years away." Katsuki spoke, earning a weak glance from Izuku.

"And think about your mom, dude." Kirishima said with a sorrowful expression as Izuku's sad eyes snapped to him.

"I know.." the sad green haired teen sniffed. "She deserves so much better than that.." He leaned into his blonde boyfriend.

"Midoriya, what about long distance?" Iida offered his thoughts this time. Izuku shrunk a little. "They never work out.."

"How the fuck would you know?" Katsuki's voice this time. Izuku looked up into crimson eyes. "It's obvious, Kacchan. A relationship needs more than phone calls and texts..."

"So we'll meet up. I'll do whatever I need to, to make this fucking work." Uraraka cooed at the words, making Izuku flush slightly.

"Kacchan, for all I know I'll be in America this time. We can't.."

"So you'd rather fucking give up?"

Izuku cowered slightly. "No.. of course not-"

"Then I will do. Whatever. It. Takes."