Chapter Thirty Nine

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

{Jugheads POV}

   "FIRE!!!" Joaquin screamed, motioning behind me. I didn't want to believe it. As I turned, huge flames filled my eyes. The front of the building was on fire, engulfed within seconds. Those of us that were left in the building were running to each end to get anything we could that could possibly put it out. But nothing could. It was too big. The only think that mattered to me, was her.

   "BETTY!!!!" I screamed, making my way towards Sweetpea and Veronica's room. I was sprinting. It's as though the world was in slow motion. Everything was starting to go black. All I did was run. Run towards the door. Run towards where the flames were soon to engulf. "Betty!!!!" The door was locked.

   "Veronica!!!" Sweetpea screamed beside me. The others had evacuated, they did what they should have. They saved themselves. "Veronica!!!" He screamed again as we tried the knob again. We both began slamming our shoulders into the old wooden door.

   "Betty, please!!!" I begged. As we kept pushing, I felt it give. Soon the door was in pieces on the floor, the floor of Sweetpea and Veronica's room. The room were V and Betty had walked to moments ago. The room that was now empty. "Betty!!! Where are you!?!" I screamed as I started into the room, the flames beginning to take it.

   "Jug... Jughead!!" Sweetpea screamed as he gripped my wrist. "They're not here!! We have to go!!"he yelled. This can't be real, it can't be. "We have to go!!!!" He screamed before forcing me towards the back exit. I couldn't think, I could barely breath. Maybe she already got out?

   As we made our way out of the bar, I could see Cheryl, Toni and Joaquin along with another figure on the ground.

   Evelyn.

   "Where's Betty and Veronica?" Cheryl asked once we reached them.

   "They weren't in the room..." Sweetpea stated, his voice becoming shaky with fear.

   "Where the hell are they!?" She exclaimed. I could hear motorcycle engines growing closer, along with sirens.

   Where could they be? It was mere minutes before the fire started that they went towards the room. They would have found us by now if they got out before us.

   Why the fuck didn't I just let Evelyn go!?

   She fucking said they would do this!!

   And that's when it clicked.

   As I turned toward her, tied up on the ground. Her eyes met mine. She was smirking, dried blood covering parts of her face.

   "Where the fuck is she you bitch!?" I exclaimed, pulling her to her feet by her hair. She hissed in pain as I held her there by her neck and pushed her towards the nearby fence. "Where is she!!!???" I screamed, inches from  her face.

   "You'll never see her again" she said between breaths as my grip on her neck became stronger. I couldn't handle it. I smashed my fist into her cheek. She instantly fell to the ground. I couldn't stop. I just kept hitting her. Her unconscious body becoming more and more covered in blood.

   "Jughead, stop!!!" Toni screamed. She, Joaquin and Sweetpea pulled me away from her. I kept fighting. I wanted to kill her, I needed to kill her.

   "She knows where she is!!!!" I screamed, trying to fight my way out of there grip.

   "Jughead!! Killing her now won't do any good!!!" Joaquin yelled. The rage. That's all I felt. Rage. My eyes were trained on her, on Evelyn. I wanted her dead.

   But Joaquin was right.

   "We'll find them.... well find her, okay?" Toni said as I stopped fighting. I fell to the ground, my knees hitting the pavement. My body went numb, I couldn't feel anything.

   "Jughead!?" I voice screamed. I turned to be met with my fathers eyes. He was running towards me, along with a few other members. I couldn't move. "Jughead, we need to go. We need to get you guys away from the cops.... where's Betty?" He asked, not really me but everyone.

   "The Ghoulies have her... and Veronica.... I wasn't looking at them. I wasn't really looking at anything. I felt myself being picked up and forced towards a truck.

   "Is everyone okay?" Someone asked.

   No.

***

   "Put her in the chair, tie her up" my father ordered once we entered his trailer. As I sat there and watched Sweetpea and Cheryl tie Evelyn up, I couldn't help but wonder.

   Is Betty okay?

   Is she still alive?

   "Wake up" My father ordered, pouring water on Evelyn. She awoke instantly, coughing. "Where are Betty and Veronica?"

   "FP, so lovely to see you again. How's your wife?" She asked through grunts.

   "How about we save the talk, where are they?" He asked once again.

   "I don't know, I'm here aren't I?" She scoffed. My blood began boiling. I watched as my father pulling out his pocket knife. Her eyes grew larger.

   "I'm going to ask again, where are they?" He said. She gulped loudly, watching the blade in his hands.

   "I don't know, okay?" She lied. He set the blade on her cheek, slowly slicing about an inch. She whined in pain as blood began dropping from the cut. "What the fuck do you want from me!? I don't know where your whores are!!! Even if I did, I wouldn't tell you!!!" She screamed, trying to pull herself out of the restraints.

   "How's you're father, Evelyn?" My father asked. She stayed quiet. "Do you think he'll care when he sees what's happening to you?" He asked as he pulled out a phone. "Jughead, come here." Without a word I walked to him. He handed me the phone, it was Evelyn's.

   "He'll kill you all" she hissed. He cut her again, this time a long gash on the forehead. She screamed in pain. I automatically knew what to do, so I took a video.

   "Boy, come here. Toni, keep recording." He ordered. I was soon standing by his side, staring at the camera. "We have your girl. If you want her back, alive, bring Betty and Veronica to the side of Sweet Water River. Tomorrow morning. If you don't show, I'll cut off one of her fingers for every hour you're late." He explained.

   "He's lying daddy!! Don't believe him!!" She screamed. My blood was boiling, I wasn't thinking. So I snatched the life out of my fathers hand and I slammed it down on one of her fingers. She screamed in agonizing pain.

   "Bring them, alive and unharmed. Or I'll kill her and send you here piece by piece." I hissed. "You have three hours" I ordered before Toni stopped the video. The room was silent except for Evelyn's cries. As I heard the sound of the video send, I caught everyone's eyes. No one said a word as they stared at me. Their king.

   "Put a towel around her hand" FP ordered. "Jughead...." he started.

   "I swear to god, I will kill every last one of them until I get her back." I interrupted. That was the most truthful sentence I had ever said. "Now let's go get them back."

___________________

Hey everyone!!!

Holy shit, two chapters in a row!?!? 😂

Holy shit!! Jughead is evil!!! But, I mean, she deserves it!!

Will Evelyn's father show up?

-Danii LeeAnn