I will die protecting them

Sasori walked out of Minato sama's office. I followed suit. I was still staring at him from the back.

Isn't it weird how I was an orphan since yesterday, and now I have a brother?

I can't complain...I do feel safe around him.

We were sitting in on a bench outside a dango store.

'Sasori Nii!' I asked distracted, way too busy with my dango.

'Hm?' Came the reply

'Minato sama said something about your mother leaving your father. More like...our mother leaving our father.' I said while the sweet treat in my mouth.

Sasori sighed, then he smiled and said.. 'I will tell you when you are older, okay?' He smiled.

I smiled back. If Nii chan is saying that I shouldn't be curious about something, I won't be!

Flashback (Sasori)

Something seemed really odd today. Dad was packing...For A so-called trip.

You know what is worse? He is taking me along with him.

I was watching him as he was, till he averted his blue eyes towards me..

'Sasori..' He said in a sad tone. So unlikely of him.

'Why don't you go play with your sister?'

I was bewildered. Usually, He tells me to stay away from her.

Soon, It was dinnertime. Mom was distracted. There was no salt in the food.

After a few minutes, my sister started to cry. My father stood up, but I beat him to it, and ran to her instead. My dad sat down at this.

I went to her room. Mom sure was distracted.

Leaving a child, who couldn't even open her eyes, alone...

Sure enough, she couldn't move. Other than waving her feet and hands. I picked her up carefully and gently.

Let's go to mom, Sakura! I kissed her forehead. As I started to walk down the stairs, I heard talking. More like an heated argument.

I hid behind the door, and listened...

'Honey! Why? I cannot live without him. Without Sasori...' My mother cried

'You have to...You broke my heart once...I cannot afford it to be broken again.' He sniffled a bit.

My dad..My hero.. was crying..

'I wanted to..Take Sakura with me as well...But I cannot. I cannot fulfil the duties of a mother. No matter how hard I tried. But I deserve to live, to survive. So I am taking Sasori with me to Suna tomorrow.'

At this, my mother started crying.

'Why? Why? Wasn't I attractive enough? Was I abusive to you though I clearly wasn't? His eyes overflowed with tears.

At this, Sakura started crying as well.

Mom and dad heard this, and stopped.

Sure enough, next day Dad took me to Suna.

He never took me back. Months to years.

I heard my mother commited suicide. I was traumatised. My dad wasn't affected.

He didn't bother taking in Sakura. He just put her up for adoption.

At this, I felt a slight nudge. I saw Sakura staring curiously at me.

Her mochi-like soft eyes were mocked by the emerald-like hardness in them.

Her locks shone like cherry blossoms under the  sun.

I will die protecting them