X

Owen broke a single hard tack into small pieces before placing them into a bowl and passed it arround.

Everyone took a piece and passed the bowl until it reached Owen who picked up the last piece.

One of the men began to say a prayer.

"And so we thank thee for the-"

"Land!" Barzilli yelled drawing everyones attention.

He pointed out into the distance to show them the island he had spotted.

Everyone pulled out the oars and started to row their way toward the island until Alexandrea yelled out.

"Hold fast!" She ordered, staring into the distance of the ocean.

"What's wrong?" George asked his daughter.

"Its been following us!" She yelled back.

"The whale?" Owen asked looking into the ocean.

It was as if Owen too sensed what she sensed and pulled out his riffle.

"Lexi what are you doing" Thomas wispered as he took her hand into his despite theit little argument.

"Why have we stopped!? What the devil is it?" The captain barked, clearly frustrated.

"Its him!" Owen said loudly, loading the gun.

It was then, the men saw the whale approach them.

"Brace!" George yelled as the beast came closer and wrecked the boat closest to it.

Few of the men fell into the water while Owen's boat was still afloat.

"Where is he?" Owen called out.

Everyone looked arround for it while the two kids clung on to eachother.

Ever thing was suddenly a blur.

One moment they were all looking for the beast and the next, they were tossed out of the boat and into the water with the whale splashing arround before disappearing into the depths of the dark waters beneath them.

Thomas barely had enough time to fathom what was happening as he was pulled along with the currents and was tossed arround in the waters before he opened his eyes to find himself on the island.

The boy stumbled to his feet, regaining his balance. It felt weird to be walking arround on land.

As if on instinct, the first thing the boy did was call out to Alexandrea.

"Lexi!" He hollered, hoping that she was ok "Lexi! Answer me please!"

"Thomas!"

The boy spun arround and saw Lexi stumbling toward him. He ran toward her with whatever strength he had and engulfed her into a tight embrace.

"Kids?"

Owen jogged upto both the teens.

"Come on" he said beckoning both of them to follow him "We're starting a fire"

Everyone was gathered arround the flame, few men had taken off their shirts and placed it by the fire to dry off while the rest were busy muttering small talk amongst themselves. The kids went back to ignoring each other.

"hey" Chase wispered to Thomas "you both still aren't talking?"

The boy only shook his head. Owen could tell that Thomas was missing the company of his friend.

"Go on, talk it out" Chase said shoving the boy playfully "she misses you just as much"

Thomas sighed and walked upto the girl sitting further away from him.