II

Alexandrea's day wasn't going exactly as planned.

She hoped for a good 'ol breakfast with the crew followed by her helping her father with navigation if needed and then spending time with Nickerson.

The sea however had other plans, plans which were making her day real gloomy.

The waves were wild so her father sent breakfast in her cabin. She wasn't allowed to come out on the deck so she couldn't meet Thomas.

After about an hour of reading, she finally decided that she would let her stubbornness take over.

She marched out of her cabin, up the stairs and onto the deck to see her father and Owen arguing.

She turned starboard side and realised that the ship was headed toward a storm.

"Father! Change course!" She shrieked
"Andrea? My word, I told you not to leave your-"

"We're headed into a storm!" She interrupted her Father, fear taking over her "I need you to change course"

"Apparently that makes two of us" Owen chimed in.

"Enough!" George barked "both of you!"

But before he could continue any further, their boat began to sway violently, knocking many people off their feet.

Alexandrea was struggling to stay on her feet as barrels and wooden boxes were getting tossed arround due to the storm.

Men were shouting orders back and forth.

It was chaos.

"Miss Pollard!"

Alexandrea turned to find Thomas usher her toward the rope ladder. She followed him.

She climbed onto the ladder with Thomas behind her, her one arm holding on to the ropes while the other was arround Thomas.

The boy too had one arm clutching the ropes with the other arround the girl's waist.

The two kids clung onto eachother for their lives as the wind blew against them and the waves slammed onto the boat.

"Cut the sail" some one yelled.

Owen barked a few orders, everything seemed like nothing but a blur.

After a few moments, the boat returned to its calm state.

Thomas helped the young girl off the ladder.

Everything was a mess and Alexandrea was slightly annoyed at her father for bieng so stubborn.

Yea, so this is just a filler and it's super short.

But I'll make up for it in the next chapter.

~Renée