Epilogue

"I can't believe you!" Alexandrea yelled at her father.

"You can't run from this forever" George told the nineteen year old sternly as he shut the book he was reading.

George Pollard had just informed his daughter that one of his friends, Mr.Robin, would be visiting them along with his son who was to marry Andrea.

The young woman was very upset about this whole thing.

It hand been five years since her voyage aboard the Essex.

Five years since she'd last seen Nickerson.

George knew that one of the reasons Alexandrea Pollard didn't want to get married was because she still thought about Thomas.

But he couldn't have his daughter fantasise over some boy who he didn't know anything about right now, could he?

"I don't want to be Alexandrea Robin"
She spoke with annoyance.

"If it helps" George went on "His son's adopted, so he might have a different last name"

The girl groaned loudly.

There was a knock on the door a few minutes later.

"Please behave" George told his daughter who rolled her eyes.

"Ah, Mr.Robin!" George greeted a man who was dressed sharply "come in"

"This must be Alexandrea" Robin smiled as he entered the room "Hello miss"

"Pleasure to meet you, sir" she smiled sweetly.

"I'd like you to meet my son" he spoke

Adopted son Alexandrea said in her mind.

"Would you come in?" Robin called out behind him "Alexandrea, meet Thomas"

Thomas the girl thought as she looked at the ground what a coincidence

"Nickerson?" George said as he looked at the man who just entered.

"Oh! Lovely to meet you again sir"

Alexandrea snapped her attention toward the person before her.

"Hello Lexi" he said, his eyes not leaving hers

"Hello Tommy" she said back, still dazed by the fact that the fourteen year old boy she had fallen in love with five years ago and whom she still loved, was right in front of her.

"You all know eachother?" Robin asked his son

"Ah yes" Thomas chuckled "We all were aboard the Essex"

"Oh what a small world" he laughed "now, why don't you both catch up on things while I have a chat with Pollard here"

Thomas held his arm out which Alexandrea willingly took.

The two walked around in the garden behind the house.

She took in a moment to notice his features.

His hair was cut short and wasn't like his usual mop of brown locks that he had as a child. He'd grown taller and his voice was deeper. He had a sharp jaw line and was dressed in a crisp white shirt with black trousers and a black vest.

"You look beautiful" Thomas said breaking the silence.

The girl blushed.

"You don't look bad yourself" she smiled.

Thomas looked at her with that same fondness he had when he was just a boy.

She was wearing an elegant deep blue gown. It was the first time he'd actually seen her a dress, apart from her nightgown.

"So" Lexi stared "Are you Thomas Robin or Nickerson?"

"Nickerson" he chuckled "I wanted to keep my last name"

"When did all this happen? Him adopting you"

"After a year since I moved"

Both of them were quite for a while until Thomas spoke.

"Lexi?" He said looking at his with his dream boat eyes "will you marry me?"

"I don't have a choice" she chuckled.

"I'd made it very clear to my father" Thomas spoke "the marriage is to be fixed only if Lexi wants"

The girl looked at the Thomas and smiled at how sweet he was.

"I know we haven't seen each other for five years" Thomas went on "and it's odd to suddenly turn up at your doorstep, asking for your hand but I love you, I always have and I always will but I don't want to force you-"

Lexi cut him off by placing her lips on his and kissing him.

She pulled away to look at him.

"I love you too, Tommy"

"So, will you marry me?"

"Yes" the girl smiled as Thomas bent down to kiss her again.

"Alexandrea  Nickerson" Thomas mumbled as he pulled  back.

"Has a nice ring to it, eh?" the girl chuckled.

The marriage took place after a couple of months. So, both had enough time to catch up on things they'd missed out on.

Thomas became a merchant sailer and after a few years, got to serve Mr.Chase himself as his first mate.

The two had three beautiful children:

Peter Nathaniel Nickerson
Annabeth Claire Nickerson and
Eustace Owen Nickerson

They used to sail along with their childern every summer.  

Neither of them could have asked for a better life.

They were all extremely happy and that's honestly what they deserved.