Author's note

C O P Y R I G H T
          All Rights Reserved © 2021
   ___________________________________

Welcome Back.

This book "Black & White" means a lot to me. It's a historical fiction book based on my grandparents' love story. My grandparents fell in love during apartheid, where interracial couples were not accepted, it was against the law to date or marry someone who was not the same race as you are.

The book is based in South Africa. Therefore I will be writing some terms and phrases in IsiZulu and Afrikaans. IsiZulu is a language that is spoken by most black people in South Africa. And Afrikaans is a creole language that evolved during the 19th century under colonialism in southern Africa, today it is spoken by 61% of white South Africans and 76% coloured South Africans (according to Wikipedia)

Some of the events in the book are true ( sharpeville massacre and soweto uprising), including cities and towns, such as Johannesburg, Soweto, Rosebank etc. Some of the events and places are fictitious.

Please note that my real grandfather was black and my grandmother was "white". But to make the book more interesting I swapped their races. In the book my grandfather is white and my grandmother is black.

I hope you will enjoy reading this book as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Happy Reading.

Rules:

• No part of this book may be reproduced or republished without the authorization of the author.

• No rude comments will be allowed so I suggest you take your negativity elsewhere. Only constructive criticism is allowed.

~ Z E Z E