Chapter IX

----To No Avail----

Slap!

I was woken up by Kate just that morning in the most aggressive way possible.

"What the hell?!"

"Sabi mo 'do anything to wake me up at four in the morning', so I did."

"Ikaw talaga, get out of my damned room!"

I check, it's already 4:13 am. I know we're supposed to have the investigation today, so I quickly went on and fixed myself.

After riding the tricycle, I just happened to realize that there's a jeepney strike. This is not good. I spent the next half-hour waiting for a jeep, until one finally came. I didn't know jeepneys were also things that are something to be selfish about too, until this incredibly huge crowd of people are here.

I'm still confused how there's still classes even when there's a strike. Then again, we've got a lot to catch up on.

I see Miina and Manolo already there, waiting. They're somewhat the early birds whenever there's a problem of some sort.

Liz is late as usual.

My hungry self attacks so I told the two:

"Why don't we grab some snacks while we wait?"

"Sure," Miina nodded "I'm starving, I haven't ate breakfast yet."

"I'll pass." Manolo stated.

It is kind of weird how Manolo lost his appetite, he's not usually like this.

What's new? Everything is becoming more and more unusual by the minute.

"Oh sure, just wait for the others to come here, please."

"Sure thing."

"Let's go, Nate. My treat!"

Miina? Treating me? Is this a miracle? Do I need to stop asking questions to myself? Yes I should.

"Alright, game."

So we went off to buy Carry Mans, these are like flat, long, meaty pieces of deep-fried bread. They're very convenient to eat because they're made to be carried everywhere.

"I'll have one Burrito flavored Carry Man and one Pizza flavored Carry Man.", Miina old the cashier.

"That will be 56 pesos.", the cashier told her."

For sure, there's something nice that happened to Miina, which is why she's so happy. The past days weren't good for Miina, all of the academic struggles and the neverending problems she has with her family, it's a burden, I know.

"Why is that smile on you're face bigger than before?"

"Ah, this? We're flying to Japan in the summertime."

"Are you kidding me? That's amazing!"

"That's why I can't wait!"