Beginning

"I told you, I did nothing!" I told Jessica as she was continously walking away from me, as she was somewhat traumatized about what happened in the bar last night. I really did nothing, hindi ko alam kung anong pumasok sa utak niya.

"Oh shut up, Nate! I caught you flirting with her and you could do nothing to back up what I saw back there!", exclaimed Jessica. "I knew it! You are such a playboy! I wish this entire relationship wasn't real, so fuck you!" Then Jessica ran off into the highway without looking.

This all started one night at the bar, naandoon lang ako sa gilid, nakaupo. Uminom ako dahil natatakot ako sa magiging reaksyon ni Jessica dahil aalis ako ng US of A. She doesn't approve of it at all. Everything went wrong that night, and now I'm chasing her in the streets of L.A.

"Jessica! I already said there was nothing sensual happening! Why wouldn't you believe me?!", I panted heavily as I was getting more and more fatigued.

"Who believes in you, Nate? You're an asshole and you know it! Now for the last time, LET ME BE ALONE FOR ONCE!" Jessica exclaimed as she quickly ran into the street. This isn't safe, it's already night time.

"Wait, Jessica! LOOK OUT!", then a bus crashed right into her right before my very eyes.

She's dead.

I woke up and I realized it was already 5:37, about one and a half hours before departure time.

"Wake up, sleepyhead! Grabe yung panaginip mo ah, paki-kwento mo nga sa akin?", sarcastically said Kate with a wink, my older sister-in-law.

"Oh come on, who cares about people's dreams? Utak ko to, hindi sa'yo.", and then I threw a fake smile at her.

Ate Kate rolled her eyes at me and said, "Alam mo naman, dreams are somehow connected to our problems in life. So don't at me."

"Don't be too aggressive. It's none of your buisness anyway", I stated with rolled eyes.

"Shut up, have a bagel.", Kate stated as she laughed and gave me a bagel, then punching me in the arm. "Hey, ow! That hurt! Papatayin mo na ako, ganon?", I said, with a chuckle.

"Akala ko ba hindi ka namamatay?", she said.

"Tigilan mo na nga ako.", I stated with a raising tone, "It's our secret, we're in the airport today, damn it!"

"All secrets don't stay as secrets.", she said cold-heartedly.

"Whatever.", I rolled my eyes. "Tara na, it's almost departure time."

"It's not 7 o'clock yet. We still have time, and I'm hungry!", Kate stated, sounding like a child who didn't get a prize in a carnival booth.

"Pigilan mo nga ako, you're always hungry.", I laughed as we went to Taco Bell.

I slept through the entire flight. I only woke up when we arrived at NAIA. I opened Grab and took a taxi. We arrived at Hotel 101 and checked in.

I miss the Philippines, so much.