"Well, because he's my fiancé, and you're one of my best friends. A girl prefers it when her friends like her fiancé."

Dario walked forward so he was now standing right in front of me. "Are you really going to marry him?"

I looked up at him and shrugged. "I don't know. I may have to." And I may want to, but I didn't say that part out loud.

"You're an Angel, you should get your own country and have the right to marry whomever."

"My parents won't make me queen just because of what I am, but because of who I am and if I'm qualified."

Dario laughed. "Spoken like a true leader."

"Your new nickname for me was Angel," I said. "Was that supposed to be a hint?"

"Yep."

"It didn't work."

"I know, I was hoping it would though," Dario said. "It bugged me that you didn't know what you are, especially since you wanted to know so badly."

"I appreciate that you were bugged just as much as me," I said laughing.

"I'm just glad you're alive," Dario said softly. "There were times when I didn't think you would make it."

Dario looked so worried in that moment that I did something impulsive and grabbed his hand. It was cold, but a good cold. "But I did make it, and I'm fine."

Dario looked down at my hand and smiled. "Thank goodness. I can't wait to see what your wings are going to look like."

"I'm going to have wings?" I asked.

"Well of course, you can fly like fairies and pixies. But you'll be able to conceal your wings, unlike them."

I was suddenly very giddy about the thought of being able to fly. How frickin cool is that? Dario was studying me and I suddenly remembered something. I pulled my hand away from his and took a step back.

"Are you really engaged to Adrijana?"

Dario didn't look surprised by my question. I couldn't tell what he felt about my question. He just stood there looking at me.

"Yes," He finally said. "For now."

"For now? What does that mean?"

"Exactly what it sounds like. It's the same situation as you and Lazarus. I may not have to marry her."

That made me happy. I didn't want Dario to marry a retched bitch like her. He deserves better.

"So, you really are going to join the Diamond Class?" Dario asked. "I heard Elridge talking about it."

"Yep! You'll get to see me everyday," I said stepping forward so I was close to him again.

Dario swept my hair behind my shoulder and used his finger to trace where his bite marks used to be. I closed my eyes enjoying the tingly sensation it was causing. "I'm looking forward to it."

"So am I," I said with my eyes still closed. "So am I."

👑👑👑

The next morning my roommates and I stood outside the front of the school waiting for our rides to come get us. A lot of the students had already left, but a majority of them stood outside with us. I was sort of excited to go home. I did start to miss my family, but at the same time I was nervous. I wasn't sure what I was going to expect at home with the whole competing with James thing. And now I was an angel. That was just going to mess up my life with everything.

"I'm gonna miss you guys so much," Lilia said. "I can't wait for next year! Maybe the I'll get to enjoy a full year!"

"I can wait. I frickin hate school," Blair said.

"Oh, quit being such a bitch," Zoey snapped at her. "You're going to miss us and you know it!"

Blair rolled her eyes but then she smiled. "Yeah, you're right. I'll miss having losers in my life."

"I for one can't wait to see how powerful Elizabeth is going to be next year," Lilia said looking at me with excitement in her eyes.

"Don't get your hopes up, Lilia," I said. "I may just end up being extremely pathetic, and I don't want to let you down."

"Oh please, like that could happen," Zoey said. 

"We have to visit each other over the summer. I want to see where you guys live," Lilia said.

"Sounds like a good idea to me," I said.

"Okay. But you guys aren't coming to my house unless you want to pay for your stay," Zoey said.

"What kind of bullshit is that?!" Blair yelled at her and we all laughed.

Another black limo pulled up to the front of the school and the students looked on with hopeful eyes that the ride was for them. Grey stepped out of the back of the limo and I smiled. The ride was for me.

"Okay, guys, that's my ride. I'll see you guys soon!"

I hugged each of my friends, even Blair, and ran over to Grey.

"Hey, Grey, long time no see," I said when I approached him.

"Yes, the castle has been quite peaceful without you," he said.

"Oh, you missed me and you know it!" I said.

Grey smiled. "Maybe a little. How was your school year?"

"That's a long story."

"Well, as it turns out, we have a long trip back home."

I smiled. "That's true."

And with that I got into the limo and started telling Grey about my year. And I watched Gemstone Academy fade into the distance.

End Of Book One

Check Out Book Two: Gemstone Academy: Diamond Class