Cloud of Darkness

"Come here baby" Kendall said as he pulled me towards his shoulder. I was trapped in my own torrent of tears as they soaked through the collar of Kendall's shirt.

I could hear Trinity silently screaming as she held on to me. I ran my fingers through her hair, while the other hand grazed her back up and down until she couldn't cry anymore. "Kendall... I don't know what to do now" she said while James was still leaned up against the wall in the room sitting on the floor and both Carlos and Logan just sat there without words. What do people say in such a tragic event as this.

"Do you know what caused the wreck?" Carlos said looking at James who was in such a complete shock it was like he was numb. He wasn't crying, he wasn't anything but pale and motionless. "James?" Kendall said trying to get his attention he was completely spaced out, in his own thoughts.

"Yeah.. um.. what?" He said completely lost at the conversation and the question he was being asked.

"Um your parents.... do you know what caused them to wreck?" Carlos said repeating his question. James just shook his head from side to side, I guess that wasn't a detail he was informed of just yet.

"Uh.. no, no I don't I,.. i didn't bother to ask" he said clearing his throat and standing up. "Um, if you guys don't mind... I'm gonna go to my bunk for awhile." He said coming over close to me and touching me on the head.

"If you need me kid, um, just come find me okay?" James muttered as he went to be by himself for awhile.

The rest of the way home was quiet, and Kendall was being so affectionate which was something I needed right now. All of the bruises and mark's from the past few weeks didn't matter to me, I just needed him to be my shoulder to cry on and he was being just that.

I was more so worried about James, before I was born he told me of how close our dad and him were. Which made me think he was taking this way harder than I was. I know him and our parents have had a hard time lately but I knew he still loved them, and he was able to have them during their good years before the money made them turn into people he didn't recognize.

When we finally made it back to LA, the rest of the guys went their separate ways so they could get adjusted back home but Kendall decided to stay another night with me to make sure I was okay... but mostly I think it was to see if I was going to pack up my things so I could move in with him.... he did after all have a one track mind.

James was still being silent and distant but I guess that's just how he dealt with things.

"Are you gonna take all of these stuffed animals?" Kendall asked picking a couple of them up and tossing them to the side so he could sit down.

I rolled my eyes at him, "really? My parents just died and your wondering if I am gonna take stuffed animals to your house when I move in with you?" I said with an angry furrow to my brow I could feel the steam leave my  eardrum.

All he did was shrug his shoulders and lay back on my bed. "I mean yall weren't close or anything??" He said giving me that smirking deviant smile.

"So? That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt any less.. get off my bed please" I said trying to pull the covers back on my side. He just ignored me, "Kendall did you just hear what I said move please!" I said again with still no response.

"Fine, have the whole damn bed I'm sleeping on the couch!" I said as grabbed pillows and shoved them underneath my arm. 

He let out a heavy groan and was starting to get aggravated at me when he was the one making me angry.

"Just lay down and stop!" He yelled raising up enough to let me lay down.

"That better? Can we stop the whining please!" He said with his hand over his face rubbing his eyebrows.

"Yeah....." is all I could say as i rolled over and drifted off to sleep and tried to act like I was okay when I most certainly was not.