4

The next morning was interesting. I barely slept at all last night. Why should I be afraid of  Thomas? What do I not know about him? Thomas was staring at me intently which made me move a little bit. What I've also noticed about Thomas he has a switch. A switch to being the most caring sweet man to this dark scary one. But it didn't scare me which is odd. In an odd way it made me feel safe knowing if I was with him nobody would dare to lay a hand on me or anything. Like before I moved here.

Charles was eating his eggs, talking about what he wanted to do today. He was going with Arthur and John to look at horses. Thomas was also going.

"Katie will you come with us? To look at the horses?" I looked at Charles as I sipped on my drink.

"Oh I shouldn't. Sounds like a family affair."

"Your family ! Isn't she dad?!" I looked at Thomas who seemed to be in a trance as he stared at me. What was he thinking? What goes on in your mind Thomas Shelby.

"Dad!" Thomas jumped and looked at Charles letting a smile appear on his lip. Like I said a switch.

"Yes?"

"Katie is family too right ?"

"Of course. Ada thinks of her as a sister. Aunt Pol thinks of her as a daughter. Everyone in the family thinks of her as a sister." I leaned back in my chair looking out the window. A sister. Of course.

"So Katie can come with us to the horses !" 

"Of course she can. Katie?" Slowly looking at Thomas and then at Charles. I couldn't say no to Charles. Giving a soft smile.

"I would love too."

=

I didn't realize what I was getting myself into when I arrived to the Garrison seeing only John, Arthur, and Michael. Guess I'll be the only woman there.

We piled into the car. Charles sitting between me and Thomas. He was talking about how he wanted to ride the horses and look around enjoying everything. Smiling down at Charles as he spoke. Boy was he so excited.

When we got their. Charles climbed over me making me laugh but Thomas to give him a stern talking to for doing that. Which I hated to see. Though I told Thomas it was okay, that he was just excited. Thomas just looked at me with his stern look, a small flash of enjoyment was in his eyes as I did this. Making me smile and look around.

Surrounded by other men and women, few children where around. Along with hundreds of horses being looked at. Biting my lip enjoying the gloomy scenery of the area I was in.

Everyone went their separate ways after awhile. Michael took Charles to look at the baby horses. While I stayed with the others. We where in a barn looking at the horses. Thomas, Arthur, and John stopped to talk to an owner about one of their horses they wanted to buy off him. So I just walked a bit into the bar looking around. Only to stop and admire the most gorgeous horse I have ever seen. Midnight black, long mane, deep almost black eyes staring at me.

 Midnight black, long mane, deep almost black eyes staring at me