2

Next few weeks where quiet, and boring. I honestly missed little Charles. Reminded me of my family especially my little brother Nolan. Sighing flipping through another book resting my chin against my hand.

The bell on the door dinged. Looking up slowly smiled when I saw the little blonde boy.

"Katie !" He ran to the front desk I'm at pulling himself up.

"Charles how are you? See the cut is healing nicely." He nodded.

"I'm good. I wanted to come see you. Dad wouldn't let me out of his sight and gave Finn a whopping after he heard what happened."

"A whopping?"

"Yeah hit him up a bit. Finn feels guilty. But glad I was in safe hands at the end of it. Everyone was grateful for what you did. Especially dad and aunt Pol."

"Well I'm glad they feel grateful. But no need to give Finn a whopping. Accidents happen. But glad your okay."

"Yeah... um Katie?"

"Yes?"

"Could you teach me to read?"

I looked at Charles who was blushing looking down. Smiling softly at him; gently laying a hand on his head.

"I would love to teach you to read Charles." Charles smiled wide as he carefully climbed up onto the desk looking at me.

"When can we start?"

"We can right now. If you want." Charles nodded looking around.

"We should start with a simple book. Hmm let's see." I tapped my chin looking around for a book to start him off with.

"Why don't we start with Winnie-the-Pooh." I said grabbing the book.

=

By the time Charles finally was able to finish the book it was getting really late. Charles was struggling and getting upset on how he couldn't sound out the words well. But I reassured him that it's normal to not understand words the first couple of times. As long as he keeps at it. He'll be an amazing reader. Looking out the window frowning. It's dark out. Should get him home.

"H-Here is Edward bur.."

"Bear. Sound it out." I pointed to the B. "B- ear."

"B-ear. Bear!" He looked at me so excited.

"Good job! Now it's getting late and we can finish this tomorrow if you want. You can take the book home with you too; if you want." Charles nodded jumping down holding the book to him holding out a hand towards me.

"Can you walk me home?"

"Of course. Let me lock up." Charles nodded as he went and stood by the door as I locked the windows and everything walking over to him putting my coat on taking his hand grabbing my purse as well. Locking the door as we both walked out.

=
By the time we got to the Garrison it was pretty dark out. This places is scarier during the night. Much darker than anything and the atmosphere was so.. I don't know the word honestly.

Charles opened the door for me. What a little gentlemen he is.

"Why thank you little Charles." He smiled as he walked in taking my hand back in his walking us in.

When we walked in the chattering of the people stopped. Looking at them a bit scared. Never have I been around so much drunk men. This scared me a bit.

"Oi Charles where have ye been all this afternoon?" I looked at the bar tender.

"With Katie. She's teaching me to read Harry. It's amazing !" I looked at Charles then the bar tender I guess his name was Harry.