3

Weeks passed. Charles is getting better at reading. I've gotten real close to Ada. Charles is close to me too. He's such a sweet boy. Ada is like a sister to me now. And Charles. I want to say like a son to me. It was good change. That I was welcoming in. Also Thomas every night for the past weeks has walked me home. I've fallen hard for Thomas, just wanting him for myself. But sadly I don't think he feels the same.

Sighing at my thoughts of Thomas not liking, I didn't notice I was leaning over a bit on the ladder placing the books on the shelf. Before I could comprehend what was happening I slipped hitting the book case on the side of my face. Letting out a scream/cry at this. Carefully sitting up placing my hand on the my cheek wincing pulling my hand back; seeing blood on it.

Great. What a klutz I am. Standing up walking to my desk grabbing my handkerchief placing it on the side of my face. Hopefully I don't need to go to the hospital.

As I was tending to the cut and possibly brushing I didn't realize I made such a mess of where I fallen. Great. Way to go.

"Katie I'm back! Ready to finish this book!" I turned around smiling at Charles, only for him to stop in his track seeing the mess I did. When he looked at me his eyes went wide. "Wh-what happened?!" Charles ran over to me looking up at me.

"I'm okay. Just a little cut is all. Why don't you sit here while I clean this up. Okay?" He stood there than bolted out of the bookstore. I raised my brow at this. I pulled the handkerchief off my cheek looking at it. My eyes went wide. Holy shit. That's a lot of blood. I went over to the mirror I had only for my eyes to get big like dinner plates.

The cut wasn't on my cheek it was near my hair line. Big gash. What did I hit?! Stumbling a bit starting to feel light headed all of a sudden. I gripped on to the desk, dropping down next to it, leaning my head on the desk, closing my eyes.

I don't know how long I was there for. But next thing I knew I was being picked up.

"Dad will she be okay? There's a lot of blood."

"She'll be okay Charles. All she needs is rest and cleaned up a bit."

Charles sounded scared,worried ,and upset.

=

When I woke up I was in an unfamiliar place. My head pounding, a bit sluggish feeling. I felt someone sitting next to me. Opening my eyes a bit I met eyes with Charles. He smiled when he saw me awake.

"Katie!"

"Charles.." slowly sitting up. "Where am I?"

"Our home. Dad brought you here after I went to get him. I was so worried." He quickly hugged me tightly.

I frowned patting his head. "Hey it's okay. I just fell over. Sorry for making you so worried. But I'm okay now." I felt Charles nod as he held onto me more. Frowning more I pulled him onto my lap.

"Please don't ever leave. Don't leave me." I said nothing as Charles said this only pulling him closer to me. Laying down with him.

To be honest I felt honored to have Charles care about me. He's such a young boy. To me he felt like my son in a way.

I don't know how long we laid there. But he was fast asleep when the bedroom door opened up. Seeing that it was Thomas walking in. Putting a finger to my lips to single to be quiet which he nodded at. Carefully getting off the bed walking over to Thomas.

Which Thomas took my hand leading me out of the room. When we were in the hallway he pushed my hair off my face behind my ear.

"Are you okay?" I nodded.

"I just fell is all. Didn't realize how bad it was till I fallen over against my desk seeing all that blood. Thank you Thomas." He nodded before pulling me into a hug. I felt him lay his head on mine. Letting out a sigh, smiling a bit at this.

This felt right. So right. Do I fancy Thomas ? I do. I really do.

"Why aren't you afraid of me?..." I furrowed my brows pulling back looking up at Thomas.

"What? Why should I?"

"You really don't know who we are do you?" I shook my head.

"Should I?"

"Katherine..." Thomas placed a hand on the side of my neck, his thumb caressing my cheek softly. Looking me deeply in the eyes.

"Thomas... why should I be afraid of you?"

Thomas let out a breath as he pulled away. "Not now. You should get some rest. Your welcome to anything in our kitchen. Just ask one of the cooks for help. My room is just down the hall. It's pretty late." And with that Thomas walked away. Leaving me confused.

What is going on? Why should I be afraid of him?

~

Shorter chapter. Hopefully the next is longer :) hope you enjoyed. What did you think about the cute moment between Charles and Katherine ?