Ron sat down next to Harry, in front of the food while I sat down at Percy's other side. He grinned at me and said, "This heat is crazy huh? So like I was saying, Harry, you and Ron should take off you shirts. It really helps."

Ron snorted. "No thanks mate, I'll keep mine on."

As Ron and Percy got into a conversation about who knows what, my thoughts went back to the other day. It seemed suspicious. Hogwarts has never had exchange student before. It could be nothing though, Percy is to nice to be evil.

Percy's P.O.V

While I was talking to Ron a boy appeared at the door.

"Hello, I'm looking for Percy Jackson and Harry Potter." He squeaked.

I stood up and tucked part of my shirt into my back pocket. "I'm Percy." I said while Harry just simply stood up. I guess people don't need to ask who he is.

The boy looked at me and Harry
"P-Professor Slughorn would like me to show you to his compartment for the slug club meeting." He said.

I raised am eyebrow and turned to Harry who also had a puzzled expression on his face. I shrugged and we followed him to a compartment where there was a table with food and other students sitting around it. A man who was covered in sweat got up when he saw us.

"Harry m'boy! Great to see you and Mr. Jackson-what happened to your shirt?" He said.

I assumed this was Professor Slughorn. If he was a professor that meant he knew about me.

"Oh sorry, I took it off to help with the heat. I'll put it back on if you want." I said.

"That's fine, if I were as confident as you I would have mine off as well. Sit, sit."

We sat down at a table where other boys were seated. Like me, a few had there shirts off too. There was iced water in front of me and I saw that some of the others were pouring it on their heads. I willed myself to get wet and did the same.

"I gathered my more promising students here for what I like to call the Slug club. How 'bout you tell me a little about yourselves." He said.

He then asked each student questions about themselves and it seemed as though each one had an important family member or was friends with a famous wizard. 'So that's why I'm here, because he knows I'm a demigod' I thought.

"So Percy I believe your father is the magical one in the family?" He asked me with a twinkle in his eye as if we were sharing some inside joke.

"Yes, he is." I replied.

"What does he specialize in?"

"Umm, some weather stuff, earthquakes, volcano eruptions, and storms."

"Is he some sort of dark wizard?" Asked a boy named Cormac I think.

"No, he can cause those things because he needs to know how to prevent them. He's saved lives before. He is a good person." I replied in defense.

"I've heard about your adventures Percy, when we have more time you should tell me about them." Slughorn said in an attempt to change the subject. He then moved on to another boy.

I stared at my plate and took a sip of water. This was boring and uncomfortable. Every time someone said something about what they or their parents Cormac or someone else would brag about something better they did. I was relived when the train stopped.

I put on my shirt and walked out of the train with Harry and watched as he made his way to the carriages that were pulled by these weird black horses. I then turned and made my way to the boats.

At the boats there was a giant man calling out "Firs' years over hear! Firs' years!"

When he saw me he said, "you mus' be the exchange student. You're comin' with me too."

After all the first years got there we climbed into the the boats and set of for Hogwarts. The kids seemed nervous about falling in the lake but I kept the boats steady.

When the castle came into view I stared at it in wonder. Annabeth would be right at home here, it was amazing.

We walked in and stopped right outside a large set of doors. A strict looking lady walked up to us.

"I am Professor Mcgonagall, deputy headmistress. In a moment you will follow me into the Great Hall. When I call your name you will get sorted into one of the four houses. Gryffindor for the brave, Ravenclaw for the smart, Hufflepuff for the caring and Slytherin for the cunning." She said.

She opened the doors to the great hall and we followed her in. A lot of people were staring at me, especially girls. I guess I looked out of place not wearing a robe.

When we got to the front there was a stool with a hat on it. Everyone was staring at the hat expectantly. Suddenly it opened its mouth and started singing. I didn't catch the whole song as I was focusing on the part that the hat freaking talks.

Third person P.O.V

The first years walked to the front of the room. Among the first years was a guy who looked to be about 18. He was tall, tan and had sea green eyes that when you looked at them reminded you of the ocean. He had black, messy hair and instead of the school robes he was wearing muggle clothes.

When he was the only one left Dumbledore stood up. "This year we are doing something different. We are welcoming exchange students from America and this is the first one and I trust you will make him feel at home." He said. With that he sat down and Mcgonagall called out the strangers name.

"Jackson, Perseus"

He walked up and said, "It's Percy not Perseus."

He sat down on the seat and when the hat was a good three inches away from his head it called out "GRYFFINDOR!" Loud and clear. Mcgonagall frowned and tried again only to have the same thing happen. She then covered the hats mouth with her hand and forced on Percy's head.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

The gryffindors cheered as Percy walked over to join them. No one noticed the slight chuckle given from Dumbledore.