Chapter Sixteen: Hostages

Juvia's POV
Juvia quickly kissed Gray-sama on the lips. After she did she let go and looked at him in shock

DID JUVIA REALLY JUST KISS HIM?!

The kiss must have thrown Gray-sama out of balance because he stopped ticking Juvia. Without saying anything Juvia got up from under Gray-sama and ran into her bathroom. She locked the door and collapsed with her back against it.

What did Juvia just do

Gray's POV
I sat on Juvia's floor in shock.

She kissed me
SHE kissed ME
...

And I actually enjoyed it

I sat on the floor processing what had just happened for a couple of minutes before I stood up and left her room. I needed to properly process what all of this meant. What all these thoughts and feelings meant. I grabbed the house keys and the keys to the car that belonged to the house. I quickly left the house and in that instant I did something that I had never done before. Something that could destroy Juvia's safety.

I forgot to lock the door behind me.

Juvia's POV
Juvia heard the front door shut. She opened the bathroom door slowly and peeked out. Gray-sama left. Juvia walked downstairs and looked out the front window.

The car is gone

Juvia was relived that Gray-sama left. She didn't know how she could face him now. Juvia made her way to the couch and sat down. Juvia felt so exhausted, today had been an emotional roller coaster. Juvia closed her eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Gray's POV
I didn't know where to go to think so I decided to head to the local gym. When I arrived the place was empty since it was so late into the night. I walked over to one of the punching bags and started to hit it. Whenever I trained I was able to shut out the world around me and just focus on training, but for some reason I couldn't get the kiss out of my head. I kept thinking about how warm her lips kept and how cute it was when she ran away after the kiss and about how much I wanted to kiss her again.

This is hopeless I thought.

No matter how much I trained right now I wouldn't be able to get all these thoughts out of head.

Juvia's POV
Juvia woke up to the sound of the doorbell. She quickly sat up and ran towards the door.

"Gray-sama?" She asked as she opened the door.

"Gray? Why would Gray he here." asked Lucy.

"Lucy, what are you doing here?" Juvia smiled.

"I wanted to come see your new place, how come you thought I was Gray?" Lucy questioned.

"Ooh umm no reason." Juvia replied.

Lucy raised her eyes brow.

"Are you lying to me?" She smiled.

Juvia shook her head quickly.

Lucy peeked into the house.

"May I come in?" Lucy smiled.

Juvia paused for a minute. She knew that she should say no because if Lucy found out they Gray-sama and Juvia lived together she would assume something bad, but Lucy was Juvia's first friend here, she couldn't say no.

"Of course." Juvia smiled widely.

Lucy walked in and took a look around. Juvia followed her closely.

"This place is so cute!" Lucy exclaimed.

"Thank you." Juvia replied with a smile.

"Can I see your room?" Lucy questioned.

Juvia hesitated for a bit. Her room was close to Gray-sama's and if Lucy got the wrong idea it would be very difficult to explain. By the time Juvia had stopped thinking Lucy was already gone.

"Lucy!" Juvia called out.

"I'm upstairs." Lucy called back.

Juvia ran up the stairs and caught up with Lucy on the last step.

"Sorry I went ahead, but you started daydreaming or something." Lucy said.

Juvia nodded.

"It's alright, but let's go back downstairs there is nothing to do up here." Juvia grabbed Lucy's hand and turned but Lucy pulled away and continued exploring.

"How many bedrooms does this house have?" Lucy asked.

"Two." Juvia replied.

"How many bathrooms?"

"Three."

"Wow that's pretty small, you must have a tiny family like me." Lucy smiled.

Juvia stopped.

"What?" She asked.

"Well if there are only two rooms then I can only assume that you don't have any brothers or sisters and you only live with your parents." Lucy replied.

"Actually Juvia doesn't live here with her parents, she lives here with a friend." Juvia said.

"What?! You don't live with your parents? How come?" Lucy asked.

Juvia opened her mouth and tried to find the words to explain.

"Juvia never met her father and her mother passed away from a rare disease not to long ago." Juvia lied.

Lucy looked to Juvia. She walked to her and wrapped her arms around her.

"Oh my god Juvia, I am so sorry I shouldn't have assumed anything."

Juvia smiled.

"It's alright, you meant well."

Lucy let her go and smiled.

"So tell me about this friend you live with." Lucy exclaimed.

"Uh well....."

Gray's POV
I decided to take a break from the punching bag and just sit for a few minutes. I sat in front of one of the gyms televisions and just watched the local news. I didn't care what was on the screen at this point, as long as it was distracting me.

"Breaking news, a small house in the city has been broken into and it is being said that the robbers are heavily armed. They have taken hostages so we encourage everyone to stay inside until the authorities can deal with this situation."

Well looks like I'm stuck here I thought

I stood up and turned away from the television but immediately stopped when I heard what the news reporter said text.

"The small house on Fairy-hill road was broken into about 1 hour ago. The neighbours called the police as soon as they saw that they were armed. According to the neighbours the hostage is a 17 year old girl who was home alone."

Fairy-hill road?! That's where me and Juvia moved into. And Juvia was home alone, but there is no way it is her.

"The neighbours say that the name of the hostage is unknown to them but all they know of her is that she has blue hair and blue eyes and she is approximately 5 feet 5 inches. If anyone has information or feels as if they can identify who this girl is, please call the television station or the police station.

At that moment I dropped my water and ran towards the door.

I'm so stupid! How could I leave Juvia home alone! No calm down Gray, it might not be her... but it could be. If anything happens to her... I won't be able to live with myself.

I ran to the spot where I parked the car and got in. I started to drive back to the house.

Juvia... please don't let this be you.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Sorry for this cliffhanger😂❤️