Chapter 7: Friends

When you woke the next morning you were in your bed. They must have brought you to your room after you fell asleep during the movie. You felt just as bad as you had the night before. Bruce had left early in the morning and told the boys to stay home and help Alfred take care of you. Alfred insisted on constantly taking your temperature, which by the way, wasn't going down at all. Father had said that if it didn't go down by tomorrow then he would take you to the hospital. 

Whatever was wrong with you was making it slightly harder to breathe. The others had asked you about this but you claimed you were breathing fine because you didn't want them to over react and hook you up to an oxygen tank. They didn't believe that your breathing was fine but they didn't say anything. Though, everyone would come running worried whenever you burst out in a coughing fit. 

Each of your brothers had been taking turns checking on you and spending time with you. Mostly to try and make sure you didn't get too restless and get out of bed. It was thoroughly annoying. Jason was the worst, every time he came in your room to check on you it seemed almost as if he was trying to make your headache worse. Dick wouldn't stop coddling you. While you could appreciate the gesture, at times it became too much. He treated you as if you were dying.(Though you low key felt like you were dying) For once in your life you were actually glad to have Tim around. He would bring you books, tea, and spent about an hour keeping you company. The both of you just sat in silence reading respectively. You actually found Tim's presence quite pleasant. Alfred was even better because he would just check on you occasionally and then leave. 

It had been around an hour since anyone had come to bother you. You were lost in another book that Tim had brought you when you heard a notification from your phone. You sighed and put the book down. You looked at your messages only to see an unknown number. 

You missed an assignment yesterday, I had to do an experiment by myself. 

You realized that it must be Y/n and replied. 

I will not be attending class today either and I would appreciate it if you could bring me my school work 

Get it yourself

I can't. I'm sick. 

That's not what I heard. Everyone's talking about how you were suspended 

Great. The whole school probably knows about what happened between you and Jake. 

That doesn't mean I'm not sick

Fine. I'll be there after school 

You put your phone down and sighed. At least she would bring you your school work. You relished in the silence finally enjoying some time to yourself. You snuggled into your blankets dead tired before you burst out into another coughing fit. As expected you hear someone thundering down the hall before Dick burst into your room. He frantically raced over to your bed unsure of what to do. 

"Are you ok?" 

Your eyes shot daggers at him as you suffocated. 

"W-what....*cough*....do...*cough cough*...you think" 

"Sorry stupid question" 

"No..*cough cough cough*.....kidding" 

"Alfred went to the store about an hour ago. He's gonna pick up some more cough syrup while he's there. Do you want me to make you some more tea?" 

You nodded, still coughing and unable to breathe. Dick quickly left the room and came back only minutes later with two piping hot cups of your favorite tea, earl grey. After handing you the tea he sat down on the bed next to you with a cup of his own.