Chapter 10: Kill the Notoriety

The moon looked blood red tonight as a compound filled with bandits were having a lively party. They just carried out a successful pillage and were now celebrating as a result. Inside the Vanguard Tower were two men keeping a lookout. They heartily drank their alcohol as a certain topic came up.

"Ha-ha! This is the life!" cheered one of the bandits.

"You said it! I was worried something might go wrong during the mission because they're on the loose, but it turned out alright."

"You mean those Teigu users who appeared on the scene half a year ago?"

"Hell yeah—they've been taking out people in professions like ours left and right. I heard they were the ones who infiltrated and destroyed that base of Imperial soldiers. They've even made moves against the rebellion."

"You shouldn't believe everything you hear! I bet the big wigs at the top spread that around just to scare some folks. I mean...what could a group of stupid kids do to our gang of over a hundred members? Although, I've heard some rumors they have some nice-looking females in their group. Maybe I could show them a little something!"

The man laughed while waiting for his partner to respond. When he looked at him, he was lying face down on the ground. "Ha, alcohol too much?" He froze and broke out into a cold sweat when he saw the hole permeating out of his head. He lost his footing, causing his pants to be soaked in blood.

"Well?" asked a female voice that originated behind him.

"Y-you..."

"Didn't you wanna show me something?"

"It's those Nocturne bastards!" Those were his last words because Leone delivered a fierce blow that easily snapped his neck.

"Men like this are nothing but talk, I swear."

The front gates of the compound exploded as the area was sent into a frenzy. A good number of soldiers rushed into the courtyard to see the source of the ruckus, but they instead came face to face with Seryu and Koro.

"Forgive me, but you are corrupt and therefore enemies of Nocturne," she said, brandishing Lubbock's old goggles. "Justice must be served, so I must get serious!" The peaceful look disappeared and was replaced with a sinister smirk before she charged the bandits. "Let's go, Koro!"

Koro transformed into his bulked-up form before he equipped his master with her giant drill. The duo tore through the panicking bandits like they were sandpaper. One of them scurried away and went to take shelter from the carnage.

"I-I heard these guys were freaks, but this is—"

"Aww, he called us freaks, Sis."

The bandit quickly turned his head to gaze at the raven-haired sisters before yelling, "Akame and the Necromancer!"

"Seriously, compared to my sister—I'm an angel," began Kurome smiling while a creepy shadow stretched across her face. "Does that nickname really suit somebody as lovely as me?"

Instead of a reply, the bandit tried to crawl away before he felt Murasame being plunged into his back. Akame then said, "The others have the outside covered, so let's take the ones inside, Kurome."

"Maybe I'll come across some dead bodies I want." Kurome saw her sister raise an eyebrow. "What?"

"...And you still wonder why they call you the Necromancer?"

"Bite me."

Wave was busy dealing blow after blow while Tatsumi did the same. The bandits could do nothing while the superior abilities of the armored Teigu users were being put on display.