"I'm glad you're back and that you're okay," I whispered.

"Me too. Now I just need to figure out a way to get rid of Cole."

"How come he followed you here? And how did you travel without passport?" I asked stupidly.

Harry let out a mournful laugh. "That's a story for another day, sweet Ella. Why don't we talk about something else?"

I grunted in frustration, needing to hear more about his whereabouts. But I should probably be happy with what he had shared nonetheless. And I wasn't sure my hungover head could take in any more heavy information like that.

"Okay," I said and nuzzled my face in the crook of his neck.

"I like it when you're all clingy," Harry smirked. "Makes me feel needed."

I giggled. "Shut up. I'm not clingy."

"Hey, if you don't want to talk about it, let me know. But what happened with Adam?"

My eyes widened at the mention of his name. I thought it was the first time Harry ever used it instead of some rude nickname.

"I don't know what that skank told you, but I walked in on them having sex in his office. Imagine what a fool I felt like when I opened that door," I said and winced at the memory. "Even though I kind of had my suspicions."

Harry tensed. "Heather told me that, but I hoped she just made it up. I fucking hate his guts."

"Yeah, I know. You've never really liked him, have you?" I said pensively.

"No. He didn't make a good first impression," he said.

"What do you mean?" I said and leaned back to be able to see his face. I knew he had seen Adam that first night at HES, but he never told me about it.

He hesitated before he spoke slowly. "I want you to know I had no idea about what was going on between Adam and Heather. I would've told you if I knew."

I nodded encouragingly.

"You know that night when we met outside the club, when you had your date night with the douche?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, what about it?"

"Well, after you left and I went back inside, I saw him. He was dancing with some girl, feeling her up rather closely. I didn't think much of it since I wasn't even sure back then if the two of you were together. You could've been on your first date for all I knew."

What he was telling me made my cheeks heat. How could I've been so blind and credulous? Adam was a cheater, and had probably always been one. I realised I had no idea what else he had done behind my back.

I sniffed upon the recognition, not wanting to shed any tears for him, but still not able to keep them locked up. He had fooled me. While I'd given him my heart and body, he'd been doing God knows what with other girls behind my back. Even though things were over between us, it hurt.

Harry grasped my chin between his fingers and made me look at him. "Don't cry over that jerk, Ella. He doesn't deserve it. And I'm sorry for not telling you earlier, but I doubt you would've believed me then."

"This is so messed up," I said.

"Have you talked to him since you found out? Oh, and I fired Heather by the way," he grinned, obviously proud of himself.

I laughed despite the knot in my stomach. "I'm glad to hear. And I assume you're not sleeping with her any longer?"

Harry gave me a bland look, furrowing his brows. "No way in hell. Honestly, I never liked her. She was just something I used as a distraction when I needed to escape from reality for a while."

I flinched from hearing his harsh words. Even if Heather was a complete nut job, I still didn't like it when girls were being used.

"Ella, I know what you're thinking. Don't. She's a big girl and can make her own decisions. I never promised her anything, she knew what we had was just physical. I made that very clear."

The way he looked at me with his intense green stare made his words believable and I nodded. "As long as you're not with her anymore, I'm happy."

He smiled and leaned forward, his forehead touching mine. "I'm not. And I will never be again."

Suddenly finding it hard to breathe with his lips so close to mine, my eyes darted between them and his eyes. He must've noticed, because a cocky grin appeared on his face.

"No kissing until you tell me what happened with the boyfriend," he winked and drew back.

I let out a frustrated groan. "You're so mean."

He bit down on his lower lip, looking at me through hooded eyes. "You like it."

"Whatever," I said, but my heart was beating hard in my chest. "Anyway. After I walked in on them, I stormed out. And he's been calling and texting non stop since then. So I finally decided to text him back, telling him to meet me on Tuesday."

Harry huffed, clearly not impressed by my decision. "Why the fuck would you want to meet him?"

"I need to end things properly. To tell him that it's not okay to behave that way. He probably thinks I'll forgive him or something like that, but he needs to know I'm done."

Harry started at me intently, making me raise my eyebrows questioningly.

"What?"

"You don't think he realises that things are over between the two of you?" he said angrily.

"I honestly don't know, that's why I think I owe him—"

"You don't owe him shit, Ella! He's been fucking other girls behind your back!"

I flinched but tried to smooth over my reaction. "Hell, don't rub it in my face! I'm not saying I'm looking forward to meet him. But I need it for my own sake as well. I can't have him stalk me every hour of the day. It needs to end."

"You want me to come with you, when you see him?" Harry said, lips formed into a thin line.

"No, thanks. That's probably the worst idea ever," I grunted.

"Fine," he bit out.

"Fine. Would you please stop being an arsehole now? I need your support more than ever."

Harry's features softened and he once again leaned his head in closer to mine. "Of course, I'm sorry. I just don't want you to get hurt again. And I fucking hate him so much. The thought of you two seeing each other makes me nauseous. I will bare through it, but only this time. I don't ever want him to have the privilege of talking to or seeing you again after Tuesday."

His words took me by surprise. We'd never actually talked about us. About our relationship, where we stood. Did he not want me to see Adam because he was jealous or simply because Adam had hurt me? I knew Harry was protective by nature, something he'd been since we were kids. Always looking out for me, having my back.

"Sounds fair enough," I smiled and pushed my fingers through his hair, tugging a little to bring his mouth closer to mine.

He grinned mischievously and before I had a chance to react, he'd flipped me over so that I straddled his lap. His eyes were looking dark as he skimmed his soft lips over mine, sucking in my bottom one in his mouth.

I moaned softly and ground my hips, pushing down on his crotch.

He gripped my waist in his big hands and held me in place, making it impossible for me to move. Then he slowly traced the tip of his tongue across my needy lips and smirked again as he recognised my flustered state.

His voice was husky as he spoke the words that sounded like the sweetest music to my ears.

"Now, I think I owe you a kiss."