Goodbye

I woke up and instantly jumped up, when I realized I wasn't in my flat.

"Morning." A voice said.

I looked over to see Mycroft drinking tea.

"What am I doing here?" I asked confused.

"After you cried on my shoulder for a hour you fell asleep and I took you to my house." He explained as he put his cup down.

"I'm sorry si-"

"Mycroft. We aren't at work Isabelle.... you can call me Mycroft." He said softly.

"I'm sorry Mycroft." I said not looking at him.

"Don't be. My brother has put you through a lot of stress, it is only natural to cry." He said calmly.

"I should get going.... I have a lot of work to take care of." I said as I stood up.

"Your off today." He said confused.

"I have work at home. I'm suppose to be helping Molly with something." I explained.

"I see.... um.... Isabelle I was wondering if you would like to have dinner with me in a week?" He asked softly.

"I'd love to." I said with a smile.

"I understand- wait you would?" He asked shocked.

"Yes, I would..... I'll see you next week Mycroft." I said with a smile.

For the remainder of the day I helped Molly and then before I knew it a week had past and I was getting ready for dinner with Mycroft.

I smiled as I walked to Mycroft's limousine and got in

I smiled as I walked to Mycroft's limousine and got in. They took my to the restaurant and I was led to the table. Mycroft stood up and dusted his pants off before looking at me with a smile.

"You look beautiful." He said softly.

"You don't look so bad yourself sir." I said with a smile.

"Mycroft." He said with a smile.

I set down and he pushed the chair in for me. After ordering we talked and ate.

"So you're telling me that this is the first time you have had dinner with a woman in over three years. Why?" I asked with a laugh.

"I've been busy.... and I haven't found the right woman to take to dinner yet." He said with a smile.

"Does that mean I'm the right woman to take to dinner?" I asked with a smile.

"More like the only woman I can put up with." He said with a chuckle.

"I'll take that." I said with a smile.

Soon we finished and instead of driving me home he walked me home.

"So what made you want to be in government?" I asked softly.

"Well I wanted to do good... and money of course." He said with a smirk.

"I wanted to show my dad what he missed out on." I said softly.

"One man's loss is another man's gain." Mycroft said with a smile.

"So I'm someone's gain?" I asked with a smile.

"I'd say so." He said softly.

I shook my head and smiled as we made it to my door. I saw on the door a note that was from Molly.

Sorry had to go help Sherlock with something. I'll be home tomorrow. - Molly

"Seems my flat mate is out.... want to come in for a drink?" I asked as I turned to look at him.

"I'd love to, but I'm afraid I have to say no." He said calmly.

"Alright..... I guess I'll see you tomorrow at work." I said with a smile.

The next morning I woke up and groaned as the light from my window hit me. I heard my phone going off and I looked at it to see Mycroft.

"Hello?" I asked softly.

"Morning Isabelle. I was calling to make sure you didn't forget about our meeting." He said with a chuckle.

"Damn it." I groaned as I stood up and looked for my clothes.

"I'll be there in twenty minutes to pick you up. Be ready." He said before hanging up.

I found my clothes and quickly jumped into the shower. I got out and dried my hair before putting a little bit of makeup on and brushing my teeth. I heard a knock and yelled that the door was unlocked.

"That isn't safe you know." Mycroft said with a smile.

"I know." I said as I fixed my shirt and skirt.

"I'm two minutes early so finish up." He said as he leaned against the door.

I grabbed my jacket and shoes and quickly put my hair in a bun.

"Your wearing my necklace." He said shocked.

"I wore it last night if you hadn't noticed." I said with a smile.

"I wasn't paying attention." He said softly.

"The great Mycroft wasn't paying attention! The world is ending!" I exclaimed shocked.

He laughed before leading me to his car. We soon arrived at work and I smiled as Mycroft passed my desk. Soon work was over and I started to leave only to get a phone call.

"John? What's up?" I asked with a smile.

When the words left his lips, I had to ask him to repeat it again.

"Sherlock's gone." He said softly.

I felt myself hang the phone up and then I walked outside. I saw Mycroft turn and look at me and I felt the breath leave my lungs as I saw his face.

"He's gone isn't he?" I asked as tears threaten to poor out.

He didn't say anything, he walked up to me and gently pulled me into a hug. No tears fell as I clung to him. I wanted to scream, but no sound left my lips. I felt like I was frozen in place and nothing and no one could unfreeze me.

It was three days before his funeral and I stood beside Mycroft. John walked up to me and I gently hugged him.

"I'm sorry." John whispered as he hugged me tightly.

"I should be sorry..... you just lost your best friend.... I... I was nothing to Sherlock." I said before I turned and walked away.

I made it to Mycroft's car and he pulled me to his side. I snuggled into him and closed my eyes as i let out a sigh.