A grimace passed over his face. "Ugh, my wallet."

"Hey," I said abruptly, realizing something. "You didn't give him our address."

Dustin spared me a brief glance before he disappeared back into the living room. "I told Matt it once, but I'll text Will it."

It worried me that Dustin had already given our address to the older Cerak, but I figured it was okay. Albeit a little too carefree and flirty, Matt was responsible enough and at this point, I knew him pretty well. And as a surprising turn of events, after inquiring what Matt did for a living, it'd turned out he was studying to become a surgeon. Matt and Will would both be positive influences in Dustin's life.

They were already better off than our father.

Half an hour later, the doorbell rang. Dustin was on his feet and at the door before I could even push myself off of the couch. The sound of his voice greeting our guests filled the hall, as well as the responses of said guests. Glancing in the mirror, I ran a hand through my hair and stepped out to say hi to the brothers as well. Upon seeing Will, I was suddenly glad for my brother's unusual friendship with him. Will was in a fitted sapphire blue turtleneck that complemented him wonderfully and a pair of dark-wash jeans— definitely designer. Usually, I'd laugh at people wearing turtlenecks, but Will's made him look ridiculously hot. Sophisticated and sexy. In his hands was a tray full of coffee cups.

"Nice house," Matt commented, kicking off his shoes and wandering down the hallway toward me. "Parent's out?"

Although Will knew we lived alone, I didn't know Matt didn't, so the question caught me a little off guard. "Uh, no. We live alone."

He raised an eyebrow. "What? A young cute thing like you? Alone?"

"I'm not that young. Almost twenty-three."

"Still."

Will gave his brother a flat look. "Matt. She's fine. Don't patronize her. Here, Katie. I brought vanilla chais."

Matt gave him an innocent look before clapping his hands together. "Well, where's the food?"

Dustin stepped forward to answer before I could. "Hasn't come yet. Why don't we sit in the living room while we wait? I have Black Ops."

"You want to get your ass handed to you?" Matt responded teasingly.

Will caught my eye and grinned. I grinned back at him, but it went a little lop-sided as I took in his outfit once again. He was too attractive. Suddenly I felt ugly and plain in my ripped jeans and worn out AC/DC shirt. I took the tray of drinks from him and set it to the side.

"You like AC/DC?" Will inquired, slipping his shoes off before coming to stand next to me. I had to turn my head up in order to keep eye contact because he was that much taller than me. "Most people your age don't appreciate good music like that."

"My age?" I repeated. "You're only three years older than me."

"Three years you'll never have on me."

I crossed my arms, turning my head away from him. "Whatever."

"Did you buy this house?"

"I inherited it from my grandma."

"Now I see why you were so upset the other day."

"What?"

He smiled gently. "It must be expensive. And not only is this house a place to live but also a keepsake of your family."

I threaded my fingers and focused on twiddling my thumbs. "Yeah, well. It's the best I can do. As you know, my dad can't help me."

"Can I ask why?"