Chapter 8

Alice's P.O.V

I woke up when my phone vibrated. I pulled out my phone and checked the time. It says 8:24 pm. I stretched my arms and yawned as I unlock my phone again and went to read my messages.

Hey, sleepy head. If I interrupted your sleep, I don't consider it as my fault. You, my young lady. Daughter of mine, must go to school tomorrow even though you went to a party or else you're gonna be grounded for a week. Let's say, without car as well.

Ps. I love you sleepy head. Don't forget to say Hi to your friends from me!!

-Love, Mom.

Well that was-uhmm....never mind. I forgot what I was going to say anyway. After rereading the message, I sat up making me realise I wasn't actually alone. Madison's presence had me smiling and I don't think I like what I'm about to do. I found myself tracing her jaw line to her chin.Her skin is so soft.

There's this thing I can't explain, and those are what I feel towards her, and what she makes me feel. Like, why would I get jealous when she's with somebody or when she would choose someone rather than me? this doesn't sound normal. I have a girlfriend for freaks sake. Madison makes my heart beat fast when she's close, she sends me shivers when she hugs me and lasty, why does it make me happy when she's with me or just around me? I'm not sure if this is right anymore. I have to remind myself everytime that I have a girlfriend and I love her. Geez, but that's also the thing! why do I feel the same whenever I'm with either one of them.

I was then interrupted by Madison's stirring movements. She isn't awake yet. I watch her clasp her hands and use them as her pillow, still with eyes closed. I slowly, and carefully hopped off the bed as I tiptoe all the way to the door. Just as I was about to turn the doorknob, Madison caught me just in time.

"Alice, can you please bring me food? I'm too lazy to get up. I promise I'll do you a favour next time" her sleepy voice just made it worst for her to talk. She's still half asleep.

"But, I...weren't you sleeping seconds ago?" I said and squinted my eyes at her.

"Yeah, I was. I felt the bed move then I heard light footsteps and lastly the doorknob's cricketing noise." she can't be serious? I was so confident about being good at sneaking! I felt like I was a ninja earlier.

I sigh and gave up "Fine. What should I get you for drinks?"

"Wine would do" She says grinning cutely at me. Nope that won't work. That won't work.

"Are you kidding me??"

"Um...cola! right, get me a cola. Thank you in advance" I nodded and closed the door gently. I went to Kayla's kitchen only to find Carter behind the counter who's currently drinking coffee, based from the nice smell of it.

"Where have the others gone?" I asked walking towards the refrigerator.

"Asleep already. Anyways, I was just getting ready to go home" She said before taking another sip from her cup.

"It's already nine in the evening, dude! you should just stay and spend the night. Going out this late isn't safe anymore" I pointed out, looking at her as if she had gone crazy. Unless she wants to die then I'll let her pass.

"I told mom I'm going home today" She whined, putting the glass on the table. She was thinking about it, I'm sure of that.

"Give me your phone" I ordered. It's final, I'm not letting her drive this late hour.

"Why would I??" she snorts, mirroring my serious look but I insist.

"Give it to me. I'm not going to do anything" I convinced, shrugging as I watch her fight through herself.